Walmart Money Card / will not activate card, make me wait 7-10 days for a refund
I bought a Walmart Money Card from walmart in Foothill Ranch CA. This is a pre-paid credit card. I paid 6 dollars for the activation fee and loaded 200 dollars onto the pre-paid card. I needed this pre-paid card to pay a bill online. When I attempted to activate the card online, I was given an 800 number to call, to complete the activation. Of course the office for the 800 number was closed so I waited untill the next day and gave them a call. They informed me that they cannot activate my card because I have "negative activity" on another pre-paid card. This was news to me because I don't have any other pre-paid credit cards. They could not provide me with any information regarding this "negative activity" not the company name or the card name, nothing. So They must process a refund for me. I say ok, I'll just go back to walmart and get a refund, but they said I could not do that. The only thing they said they can do is send me a check for the refund which of course will take 7-10 business days. Or I could get it expedited to me, but of course I would have to pay 20 dollars for this. I find this whole situation ridiculous. I have no other pre-paid accounts so it is impossible for me to have negative activity on one. So because of their computer mistake and their unwillingness to rectify it, I am out 200 dollars untill they decide to mail it to me. I cant afford to lose 200 dollars for a day, let alone 7-10 days. I wrote this complaint so that people will see it and stay away from the WALMART MONEYCARD. thank you.
More Walmart Money Card Complaints & Reviews
- Walmart / Money Card - money card from nightmare. 
- Walmart / 1000 Dollar Gift Card - gift card 
- Walmart - walmart site to store misleading on actual delivery time 
- Walmart Extended Warranty Center - failure to fulfill obligation of agreement 
- Walmart - ethics policy violation. employee assault, harassment, personal injury during the assault, wrongful termination and civil rights violations 
- Walmart Stores - curb pick up, employee and manager.
- Walmart Stores - honor advertised prices
- Walmart Stores - gingerbread train kit 
- Walmart - 1000 reward
- Walmart Store in Berryville AR - a&w small beverage drinks