Walmart / lousy service, damaged items repeatedly

We ordered a Platform bed from Walmart a month ago. We had asked them to ship it to the closest store so we could go pick it up since me and my wife were both working at that point. We rented a truck went there picked it up brought it home and opened it... it was CRACKED! anyway, understanding how it could happen we called walmart and they send someone over to pick it up and ship us a replacement. Now we waited for a week and nothing come so we called them again and they said that they delivered it somewhere in new york? seriously? we live in Texas and you send it to New York? They said we dont need to worry they will send it here another shipment, so we waited another week and called and they said that the shipment was damaged during the way and they will send out another one! SERIOUSLY? AGAIN ? The fourth time finally it was going to get sent here and instead of sending it to Carrollton, TX they sent it to Irving, TX then from there they sent it to our appartment complex to the wrong appartment number. Which is why the Fed Ex guy left it at the leasing office. We went to the leasing office only to see that the packaging was open and clearly the bed was damaged the wood was chipped off terribly. I am so DISAPPOINTED in walmart I will never do business with them again. I called walmart customer service all they did was put me on hold and said they will send someone back to pick it up and issue a refund in 3 - 5 days. That is totally un acceptable. I wasted all that time and money for nothing. Also the bed is heavy really heavy we live on the second floor i dont want to carry it all the way here its still in the leasing office and they wont keep it for 3 - 5 days i told walmart customer service to come get it tomorrow and they simply refused to do it. Screw walmart I am never ordering from walmart.com EVER EVER again!

Ta
May 9, 2013

Comments

• Di
      19th of May, 2013

It's Wal-Mart . . . need I say more?

• Di
      19th of May, 2013

It's Wal-Mart--why would you expect more? Service costs money.

• Ly
      27th of Feb, 2015

I also ordered a bed from Walmart and it was taking a little longer to get here, I was having it shipped to my home. well I checked the tracking and it said may be delayed because of weather, ok I understood because of multiple snowstorms. well a week later and I stilkl don't have my bed. I checked the tracking again and it said it was at an Atlanta facility for 4 days. I called them to see why it wasn't being delivered and they told me that it was damaged and they were waiting for me to make a decision, yet I was never notified. well I asked them how damaged and they told me all it said was the plastic was damaged and they were unable to tell me how damaged the bed was. they gave me 2 options- either I am home when they deliver it so I can see the damage for myself, or they ship it back to Walmart n Walmart replaces it. well I had moved in the meantime but still had access to my old home. I could not be there to wait for a shipment and how damaged it was and I couldn't wait another 2 weeks for a new delivery due to my landlords needing their property back. I emailed Walmart and asked if they could change my address and send me another one, well they sent me an email back stating they refunded my money and cannot send another bed due to them not having it in stock anymore. I immediately went to the Walmart website and looked- they did still have the bed. so I reordered it and now am waiting again. I also ordered beds for my kids, and a frame for my bed, which came fedex, yet for some reason they are sending my bed through another company not fedex. I have read so many complaints about the same exact thing, you think Walmart would stop using that shipping company due to all the damages, but nope! i should have gone somewhere else but that same bed at other stores is much more expensive and im a single mom and need to try and save what i can. im just really hoping that it doesn't get damaged this time. my kids beds have arrived already after only 2 days, but my tracking is still saying unavailable and my boxspring still hasn't even been shipped yet. i love their prices, but they really do not seem to care about their customers at all.