Walmart / discrimination!

1 Hwy. 15 SouthJackson, KY, United States Review updated:

My brother was returning a pair of jeans at the Wal-Mart in Jackson, KY. He did not have a receipt for these jeans, and just wanted a gift card or exchange. The customer before him in line, an older lady, was returning an older telephone without the receipt, without the box, or anything. The associates gave her CASH back for this telephone. then, my brother (25 yrs. old) took the jeans to the counter. There was nothing wrong with the jeans, except they didn't fit him. They were Brand New with tags and UPC code. The lady behind the counter (Diane) told him, 'We don't give exchanges/gift cards without receipts!' He said, 'well, the lady ahead of me brought back that phone without the receipt or even the box it came in and you gave her cash!' then a manager (Paul) stepped over and my brother explained the situation, and the mgr. said, 'No... no returns without receipts!' then, my brother said, 'look at that phone sitting there... a lady brought that in with no receipt or even a box and they gave her cash!' the mgr. said, 'Well, it didn't go through me.' My brother asked 'well, why does this return have to go through you, then?' the mgr couldn't give an answer.

About 15 minutes later, I took the jeans back (again, no receipt) into the store and they gave me a gift card for them... no questions asked! This is obvious discrimination!

Va

Comments

• Ba
      31st of Dec, 2008

Were they discriminating his age? I have more than 5 walmart stores within 30 minutes of my house and all of them have the return policy on the wall behind the counter. its a very large board so it can be read from the customer side of the counter. Your brother should have told the ignorant employees to read and learn the policy.

• Kn
      27th of Sep, 2009

I would make sure everyone knows about this. Get as high up as you can. That is horrible.