Walmart / fabrics & related merchandise!

Crossville, TN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 931-4849745
I was extremely disappointed and irritated when I went to my LOCAL Walmart to find fabric for some sewing projects I wanted to do this spring. To my dismay, ALL of the fabric was gone and selected notions were being marked 1/2 off. We are located 60 miles from a major city and 30+ miles from slightly larger cities than ours. My question is, "Are all of the Walmart stores doing away with this important department or only in a few select sites?" It is a major inconvenience for me and many others to have to drive so far to get material. No other store in our local area sells regular fabric. I am so upset and disappointed with this action by Walmart, I am seriously considering taking my other shopping elsewhere, i.c., Dollar General, Kroger, Food City, K-Mart, Big Lots, etc. If enough people take this action, you might re-consider what small mountain towns in Tennessee need.

It would be appreciated if you would let me know if any other Walmart stores in this area are continuing to carry fabric and notions. Jo Ann Shaffer, Crossville, TN.

Comments

Sr
  1st of May, 2008
THE NEW LAYOUTS FOR WALMART SUCK HARD
He
  17th of Jun, 2008
I totally agree with what you are saying. I say this in regards to my mom who also lives in a small town and has to drive at least an hour to get to a sewing store (besides Walmart). Her Walmart is still carrying fabrics and craft supplies at the moment, however certain things are being discontinued like embroidery floss. She was very upset over this, and now I have to find the colors that she is looking for and send them to her. I hope that they will think a little bit more of their actions more, before they completely eliminated this area of business.
St
  10th of Feb, 2009
i have to disagree, its all about supply and demand if there aren't enough people needing/wanting the product and that section of the store then they should pull it out, even if there 2000 people shopping in that part of the store that still wouldn't be enough to keep that section
Lc
  23rd of Jun, 2009
I used to live over 100 miles from nowhere and just made a monthly trip to the city. You can't please everybody, but you can sure tru to please the majority. And just think, if Wal-mart doesn't have that section anymore, it will keep a small business going!
Lc
  24th of Jun, 2009
The Walmart in my city is NOT a Super Walmart and they still have a Craft and Fabric Department!

Walmart Stores Logo Walmart Stores