Walmart / check receipt! double charged all of the time!

This is the third time in a row I have shopped at a WalMart and found my receipt incorrect with double charged. Not only do they act like its my fault, even when I have not left the check-out stand, they have an excuse which is lame. I called up the manager and asked for an explanation. He claims: Walmart makes their scanners very sensitive so the checker can be fast(which also makes it difficult to hear any double ring-ups) and because of this, are double charging.

Big problem!!!

Charges are NOT near each other on receipt! No answer to that one from manager. I told him what it looks like to me... SCAM! He said he was sorry and walked away.

BE AWARE and check your receipt carefully for doubles that are not even close to each other on receipt.

Comments

• Ai
      23rd of Sep, 2007

Your complaint makes no sense. For one thing, in order for the cashier to double scan an item(the same item,different positions on the receipt), s/he would have to remove said item from it's bag & rescan. Did you witness this? Sounds to me like a glitch in the system, although I've never heard of such a thing.

24th of Feb, 2008

hi im a mother of 3 small children in need of help !! heres what happen to me in a walmart ,i was shopping for a toy for my 4yr son it was his birthday . i was in the toy dept the employee named REGINA CROSS .was on a phone yelling bad words my son said some of the words this girl used .i asked the employee .not to talk like that in front of my kids .i was told if i didnt shut my mouth she would kick my a**. needless to say i ended my shopping and left the store.on my way out i asked to speek with her manager .he told me he would handel it .well 2days later i was in the same store and ran in to REGINA CROSS again i was pushed and yelled at and REGINA SPIT IN MY FACES walmart feels that REGINA CROSS should keep her job .i feel as a mother,a shopper ,as a customer , walmart should of fired this girl i now shop in fear of this employee .ive found out this employee has has a number of complaints on her but yet still works for walmart ,we dont have a kmart or a mall and i cant drive 70miles to another store i need help why is walmart allso spitn in my face couse i feel they are by not doing anything bout this here more info on the employee i found on the net but she still works for walmart anyone out there plz help me with this >>>> info of store and employee <<
    i do want every 1 to know this is happen to more then just me from what ive found out ,REGINA CROSS has 10 call ins to her boss and 30 complaints and not fired yet ? whats wrong with walmart ?? they dont care bout us customers anymore ??? >>>>more on this employee RINGA CROSS >>>>employee of walmart -v- the public shoppers
    copy or call:OR: send to:

Wal-Mart Supercenter - www.walmart.com
    38020 US Highway 18, Prairie Du Chien - (608) 326-2408
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient& amp;ie=UTF-8&rls=SUNA,SUNA:2006-11,SUNA:en& ;q=wal+marts+Prairie+du+Chien%2fWisconsin+

employee:: REGINA CROSS /TOY:DEPT
    Wal-Mart Supercenter - (608) 326-2408
    Prairie Du Chien -

10 of 12 people found the following review helpful:
    fired due to her own misconduct in the toy dept where
    kids may be at'

customer reviews: tom@bent.org: i think they should start shutting down businesses
    that hire want to hire people like that to be around are kids.

(13 customer reviews) :fired due to her own misconduct/
    she should not work in toys/?how could walmart not do anything bout her/
    its wrong for wal-mart not to act on it/i say fire her/if that was my kids
    some one would be in jail/wal-mart should care bout the people who shop there
    we keep there store going with out the public they wouldnt be a store/ive been
    in the store and had that girl help me,i didnt like her/
    ::that is just a few from are reviews,

Share your thoughts with other customers:post on link 3
    309 posted comments:
    :: hi my name is jody.l .i was ...

• Pa
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I need a copy of my reciept

• Bc
      10th of Jun, 2010

Yes, be EXTREMELY CAREFUL at Walmart!

I try to use on the Self-Checkout Registers so that I can verify each item individually (price and quantity). It takes a little more time / effort, but it's so much easier.

Also, if you find an error, notify the Cashier BEFORE YOU PAY for anything! They can correct it at the register quickly and easily, if they know what they are doing (not complaining about Cashiers in Training; they need time). If you wait until AFTER YOU PAY, then you will have to go to their Customer N0-Service Desk to get it corrected, which will take much longer; and depending on payment method, can take days or weeks to get the money back.

• Ti
      28th of May, 2017

@BCZip Seriously? As long as it takes to check out usually? People waiting and you want me to stand there and go over my receipt before I pay? The cashier kept coming around the counter and scanning things, I told him some of this stuff I wanted to pay for separate so he stopped, but apparently had already scanned the cheese and then scanned it again on the next batch. Too much trouble to fight the parking lot and the employees of Walmart to go back now. $3.88

11th of Jun, 2010

You are a SUCKER!!! [censor] Regina Cross and [censor] Walmart. You should have knocked that [censor] out COLD!!! No human being should ever stand to be spit at in the face, regardless of where they are. You are a coward and obvioulsy have major insecurities...otherwise you would have gone balistic on the [censor]. Shame on YOU and shame on Walmart!!!

• Oi
      3rd of Nov, 2014

Jeez me too!!! justb checked my receipt and i got charged twice during my self checkout... these scanner are crazy. buyer beware!!!

• La
      16th of Aug, 2017

On the double charge issue, I've had it happen several times. Can 't say for sure about the times before
    but yesterday's double charge was several items after the original charge and was the last item on the
    sales receipt.

I'm guessing Walmart doesn't tell their employees to do this because sooner or later it would get out and
    hit all the media. I am guessing however that Walmart does this deliberately through their software.
    I'd guess, for example, they pick a fairly low cost item on say every 50 or 100, or even 1000 sales thru that register
    and double bill it. Think how many dollars of pure profit they'd make in a day.

• Na
      2nd of Aug, 2018

Just happened to me today at self-checkout kiosk. Scanned two $12 bags of almonds - the kiosk rang each one up twice. I didn't catch it until I got home. $24 was worth a trip back on my bike!