Walmart / it is a racist company

I have been an employee of walmart for 3 years. I have seen some of the most racist actions with this company than any company I have ever worked for. First of all, walmart started cutting hours at the beginning of April. We were told no overtime by any means. But if you are white, you have nothing to worry about. If you have 5 min of overtime, your name will be posted at the time clock for you to shave the time off. If you don’t you will be written up. But certain people take smoke breaks when they feel the need to take a smoke, nothing is said. They can walk around the store and talk all night, nothing is said. If your black and you have to go to the bathroom, you are paged back to your area and questioned where you were. They can get all the overtime they want nothing is said. Certain people get like 22 hours of overtime, and you have employees on the schedule for 2 hours a week. Black employees come in to work and they are turned away from the time clock knowing that they have only 6 people working in the store. People are getting fired with out proper procedure and they do not want to pay unemployment. I would tell you more but I would be typing all day. If you think I am lying please watch 'walmart, the high cost of low prices".

Va

Comments

• La
      20th of Apr, 2009

Though I don't have first hand experience of the kind of racial profiling that this Pudgy is complaining about. I don't have first hand knowledge of racist attitude and comments being displayed by Black Walmart employees towards Caucasian customers on several occasions at several different stores in my area.