Walmart / credit card overdue fee

Phone: 802-365-3634

The only way to pay Walmart on-line is to submit the payment through My Check Free. However, when you select Walmart and request that My Check Free make a payment on a date pre-defined by I assume the Walmart Company, you get a late fee assigned to your account. This has happened at least 2 months in a row. When I questioned My Check Free about it, they have been in contact with Walmart officials regarding the problem and the late charges have been reversed. What I found out from My
Check Freewith the last late fee that was placed on my account is that Walmart places late fees on the day that it is due. I researched this on the Walmart web site and found out that payments paid after 5 pm on the due date will incure additional late fees. If this payment that I have set up several days in advance, that requests My Check Free to release the payment on the due date that Walmart has assigned, it should be received by Walmart prior to 5 pm. Is this some type of money making scam and has anyone else had the same problem?
c

Comments

• La
      22nd of Nov, 2008

I have also had this problem. I pay most of my bills online but decided to just pay the Walmart card in the store to save me the hassle of dealing with it.

• Ez
      23rd of Feb, 2010

It is a scam. Walmart now has the capability to accept direct payments. I was not informed of this until I sent a letter and now spent my entire lunch hour on the phone arguing with Acct Mgr "Michael". According to him, when reading my MyCheckFree monthly statement I should have known to pay my bill at www.walmart.com/credit, although it does not state this.

Better Business Bureau will be my next point of contact.

I imagine most people will just pay the $15.00 fee and let Walmart get away with it. Easier to let it go than fight.

• Th
      4th of Jan, 2011

I DID NOT RECEIVE A BILL IN DEC. AND YOU ARE CHARGING ME A
    LATE FEE. MY ACCT. HAS ALWAYS BEEN PAID BEFORE DATE DUE IN ALL THE YEARS I HAVE YOUR CARD, SO AS OF NOW I AM PAYING YOU OFF AND NO MORE SHOPPING AT WALMART AT LEAST YOU COULD DO IS SHOW A LITTLE COURTESY TO ME AS A SHOPPER FAITHFULLY AT YOUR STORE AND YOU SHOULD HAVE MORE CREDITORS LIKE ME THAT PAY ON TIME. THERE MUST BE AN ERROR HERE SOMEPLACE.

• Co
      17th of Apr, 2012

I have had the same problem with Walmart. I am on SSI disability and receive money on the 3 of the month and I pay all my bill electronically through my bank on that date. I opened an account with Walmart and my billing cycle was the 27th of the month. I paid my bill on the 3rd and was charged a $25.00 late fee. I called to complain and they refunded the late fee and the customer service rep assured me that the billing cycle would now be on the 6th of the month. I was told that it would take two months for this to be activated so I paid another minimum payment to insure that no more late fees would be added. This month I paid my bill and the electronic payment was received by Walmart on the 4th and I was charged another late fee because my new billing date was actually changed to the 3rd and not the 6th as was promised. Walmart are cheats and liars when it comes to their billing. They know how to screw you and they enjoy doing it. I am sick of Walmart and their billing shenanigans. They know what they are doing and they do it very well. Be ware of them when you get one of their cards. Just use your MasterCard. That is what I do now. I really now despise Walmart. I will never shop there again.