Walmart - Alabaster, Alabama / not so private, not so professional

Yesterday, I was called by Co-Manager Rod (last name withheld) of the WalMart in Alabaster, Alabama to come in on June 8, 2007 at 10 a.m. for a part-time interview. I arrived at 9:45 a.m. Another female applicant arrived just before 10 a.m.

The female was immediately seen and set up with an interviewer.

For more than 25 minutes, Rod was paged by the Store to come to hold my interview.

Rod showed at 10:30 a.m. and with no greeting or apology, looked up my name and then called another person to interview me... I waited 10 more minutes and no one showed.

Insult to injury... professionalism and privacy. During my time, I overheard the exchange of more than two social security numbers of individuals, that persons were taking time off and one lady was handling everything.

On top of that, Connie (last name unknown but another manager) had quit and the night before and just walked off the job.

I was so disgusted by the lack of privacy and professionalism that I just left.

Lesson... WalMart Alabaster, Alabama is broken.

Comments

• El
      17th of Jun, 2007

That's Walmart for you . WALMART everywhere. Walmart historically treats their people like sh*t. you are all replaceable. I choose never to shop at Walmart or Sam's Club's. PERIOD. If we were ALL informed, nobody would shop at this nightmare. I'm sorry you had such a piss poor experience but this may be a blessing in disguise!! Do you believe in Karma? I do.

• Fr
      18th of Jan, 2009

I completely agree.

I see that those employees who, I suppose are hourly, work on the floor are generally nice and good natured. They are generally older with most I guess being retirees.

I guess the managers are in the back hiding from the public. I never see them on the floor as I shop. After talking to some of the store's employees my guess was correct. After speaking to these employees I found that many managers at Wal Mart are interested in just keeping a paycheck. They don't want there higher ups to realize they are not really that good at what they do. They are not very good in employee relations. They tend to only think for themselves. Have you ever wondered why over the loud speaker they always ask for a "member of management" like it is a club you have to be a really good but kisser to join. I tend to think many of these managers should feel very lucky that Wal-Mart as a whole is too large to manage and they can go about their lives earning their not to well-earned paycheck with the understanding that there is little chance anyone out there will rock their boat and find out that they generally are not that good at what they do.

Walking through the Alabaster store have you ever wondered how empy the shelves are?

• Ar
      25th of Mar, 2010

I used to shop here all the time. But after seeing so much of this behavior from the management, and after the way they are squeezing our favorite brands off the shelves for THEIR brand; I'm done for good. I will NEVER shop at wall-mart again, especially for groceries. Heck, when I switched to Food World, I didn't even notice a difference in total ticket price.