Walgreens / prescription

1 port st lucie, FL, United States Review updated:

It was brought to my attention that my mother received a presciption 2/18/09 for avelox 400mg. When she read your information sheets she discovered that due to her medications she is on as known by her records at the store should not be taking it. The store was called to explain the conflict with the medication causing life threatning problems she was told if you walk out the door with a drug it is yours live with it. I thought walgeens advertises that you protect this from happening to your customers. Due to their lack of follow thru it cost my mother who is 87 years old and can not afford 74.80 and her finances are low. Her address is Bernice Rainey 160 N. mediterrean Blvd Port St Lucie Florida 33452. Hopfully you can help her out due to the giving her the scrip that could of killed her.

Comments

• St
      9th of Apr, 2009

I think the fact it was 74.80 was the reason she couldn't take it!!

• Id
      23rd of Apr, 2009

totally agree with Jason and stealth...Walgreens system picks up on interactions. How smart can anyone in your family be if you are dumb enough to put her address on the internet??? Let's hear the FULL story, if there WAS an interaction what new med was she put on?

• Aa
      28th of Apr, 2009

Um...you do realize that this isn't a walgreens site, right? So when you say "your information sheets" to whom do you refer?

I'm pretty sure complaits board doesn't issue perscriptions...

Seriously, instead of wasting time here, go into the store, ask to speak to the store manager...go during the day before 5pm. If the store manager isn't there or isn't helpful ask for the phone number for the district office. And finally...

DON'T EVER RELEASE PERSONAL INFORMATION ON A WEBPAGE!!!

12th of Jan, 2014

I have been filling my medication at walgreens in Connecticut for years. I thought that they would fill it no matter what state you were in. On vacation I went to the walgreens in Florida . Gave them my written prescription and Id, s . They had all my records on file .Said they could not fill it cause it was an out of state prescription. Went to walmarts they filled it within the hour. What's up with that.?????