Walgreens / bad customer service

1 Mooresville, IN, United States Review updated:

I am very upset with my recent visit to Walgreens pharmacy. I had an RX transfered to walgreens from cvs this week for my husband. I went and dropped off my insurance cards, and when I gave the lady my insurance cards she said the medication that I was to pick up was not covered. This is not true, I called my insurance company and there had not even been an authorization for this anywhere. So I had to call back and speak with the pharmacist. She said they never even put in my info and just ran the last card they had listed. She said sorry and everything was ok.
I went to pick up my rx that night. The lady was rude, and told me that I could not use my 25.00 free gift card coupon for this transfered rx because it was a new rx. What does it matter, I transfered it from cvs to walgreens and you are getting the business. I always use cvs and I think I am begining to understand why I do that now.

Am

Comments

• Me
      15th of Mar, 2009

If you were able to read you would see that the coupon says "transferred" prescription, not "new and transferred". Transferred means a prescriptions you are currently getting at another pharmacy with refills on it that Walgreens has to call the other pharmacy and get TRANSFERRED to them.
    Not to mention it also says that the gift card can't be used to pay for prescription co-pays anyway.

• El
      1st of Apr, 2009

true i dont think you would have even been able to get that stupid gift card thing, cause it only works for people who flat out pay for their prescriptions or use like a health flex spending account.

• Ni
      14th of Aug, 2009

if you were to read the fine print on the check, it clearly states that it is not to be used in the pharmacy. only for store purchases. or can't you read. its people like you, who make a big fuss over something they know nothing about that make the employees get pissed off and give you attitude. yea, if i were helping you, i probably would have done the same thing. dont get me wrong, i would have politely explained that to you, but once you say "what does it matter" is when all things go to hell. it does matter. they don't just waste their breath telling you things that dont matter.

• Ev
      9th of Jan, 2010

I went to get my high blood pressure medication prescription filled and was told that the pharmacists and persons working in the pharmacy were too busy to help me. I was down to only one pill and this is detrimental to my health to not help me. I changed over my health insurance coverage and had not received my new card yet when I went to fill my prescription. I tried to give them all of my information but was told that they did not have time to call and verify my information, and to come back in 2 hours. I can understand if the persons in the pharmacy were busy but they were not courteous when informing me of how they could not help me for at least 2 hours. Customer service is a major aspect of working to serve the public and this was not shown with my experience.

• Wa
      13th of Jan, 2010

Yes Walgreens could not be ANY WORSE! They are horrible, I will never EVER patronize them again. My experience is horrible and I will go to CVS or Target. The Walgreens Home Care Center is deplorable and customer service outragous deplorable!

• Co
      27th of Jan, 2010

are you kidding? you don't have your insurance info, a BIN#, or ID# and you expect the pharmacy to do ALL your leg work for you? whatever. it's called TAKING RESPONSIBILITY for your own health, and seriously, YOUR calling your 1800 number BEFORE you were down to your last pill would have avoided this issue ALTOGETHER. whatever.

• Ki
      26th of Feb, 2010

It is your responsibility to give them the correct insurance cards. How are they supposed to bill your insurance if they don't have it?