Walgreens / won't return my money

1 Lufkin, TX, United States Review updated:

put $300.00 on to card and then was told that I had no money on card . I have the ref. # R N F [protected] and I would like to know what happen to the $300.00 that I had put on the card at Walgreen's and I need the money asp. they said that Greendo0t had it I would a refund

Comments

• Ke
      18th of Mar, 2009

I work at walgreens. the thing is - we just sell the cards, they are not our product, and thus we cannot give refunds for them - we don't have the authority - and there are signs on all the card holders that say that we cannot give refunds for them. The only thing you can do is go to the greendot people. And actually I've had a greendot as well - and i noticed a few times that funds would mysteriously disappear - after I called them and did a lot of yelling the funds + some had been mysteriously added back on to my card. So maybe you're yelling at the wrong people. I don't know if its the same as all walgreens, but at the one I work at we DO have signs EVERYWHERE saying specifically that we cannot give refunds on giftcards/phonecards/greendot refill cards and the like.

• El
      1st of Apr, 2009

do you have the green moneypak card that u handed to the cashier when you gave them $300? or did they scan the back of the credit card?

• Aa
      28th of Apr, 2009

If you needed the money asap that might be the problem. It can take over 24-hours for money to show up on the card. And are you sure you didn't buy a moneypack and forget to apply it to you card?

• Ni
      11th of May, 2009

Keetly, why is Walgreens the ONLY merchant I have ever found selling greendot reload cards that holds the money for an hour before you can put it on your card? What the hell is that all about?

It's irritating as hell and I can't imagine they get so much Greendot business that they are making a ton of interest by holding the money for an hour!

If you have any idea, let us know!

• Sh
      23rd of Sep, 2009

READ!!! As an employee of Walgreen's I have noticed that people will not take the time to read! Reading is fundamental people!