Wachovia Bank / unethical practices of stealing customers money
During these times of financial crisis, we are encouraged by many to not panic. Don't take your money out of the stock market or the banking institutions. However, these are the ones that are ripping us off.
I had a balace in my account with Wachovia of $70.65. I made a $42.80, $27.80 and $13.13 that posted on October 15, 2008. On October 14, I was charged $105.00 for three nonsufficient fund fees. I think if they weren't such idiots they would have known that I should have only had one overdraft fee of $35.00. My first two purchases should have covered leaving me a balance of five cents. But as if this was not enough on October 16, 2008 when my direct deposit posted they charged me another $105.00 fee which they called the overdraft charge. Now I have a total of $210.00 in fee charges.
What's the point of the bailout, they can get money from ripping customers off.
I went into the banking center on Pantersville road, the bank manager was sitting at the desk laughing and flirting with security. I pardoned the conversation not knowing she was the manager and asked if I could speak to the manager. She asked in reference to what. I said to discuss my account. She then asked for identification and pulled up my account on the screen and turned the screen to face me. I felt uncomfortable with this practice and asked if we could go into an office for my privacy. Her respond was no and she proceeded to discuss my account. I told her I would go to another bank, thank you for your time you have a good day, and as I proceeded to walk away, she said it will be this way at any bank because you have nonsufficient funds. I continued to walk to the tellers counter and withdrew my remaining balance. I have direct deposit and I know it is a process to change this, but from now on when my money post to my account I will withdraw immediately, until I can close the account. I am not even considered a middle class person, I am below that in status, therefore an attorney is out of the question. What do people like me do? Are we forgotten? or just Ignored and disrespected.
More Wachovia Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Wells Fargo Mortgage - loan refinance 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - loss mitigation department 
- Wells Fargo Dealer Services - late payments / repo 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - beware of this company! 
- Wells Fargo Auto Finance - wells fargo auto finance ripoff hurting millions of common americans! 
- Wells Fargo - wells fargo hiring home mortgage consultant - presidents leaders club
- Wells Fargo - mortgage lending 
- Wells Fargo - merchant line
- Wells Fargo - unethical behavior 
- Wells Fargo - coffee and tea available before has been discontinued