Vueling Airlines / changed flight without notice and charged for 420 eu for new flight

1 Barcelona, Spain

After 2 wonderful weeks in Spain and Morroco on the last day of our trip I called to confirm our Vueling flight from Barcelona to Madrid four hours before departure. I was put on hold. After 10 minutes a recorded message said that the customer service center was busy and to call back later then hung up. I then tried to check us in online and received a pop up message to check in at the airport. The flight time on the website said 14:00. When we arrived at the Vueling desk to check in 2 hours early we were told our flight did not exist. I presented paperwork that said it did. (Attached). We were told it was changed to 12:30pm (an hour and a half earlier) and there was no way we would make the plane. We were told we would need to buy new tickets to Madrid. We asked to talk to a supervisor but one was not available.
We are requesting a refund of the purchase price of the new tickets. We were not notified of the flight change. We did not want to end or trip this way. We have seen several complaints online about this same issue and several people inline behind us at the Vueling desk at the Barcelona airport were in the same predicament and quite angry. One man was yelling so loudly out of frustration in the same situation we could barely hear our Vueling agent.
The total cost for the new tickets was 379.96 + 40 service fee = 420, 00 Euros

5/7/15 update
I have received a message that a refund will not be made since an email was apparently sent to me 6 weeks before the flight stating there was a flight change. I did not receive an email stating this. I made every attempt to confirm our flight unable to connect with either your website check in and by phone. I was hung up on by the customer service department after being being placed on hold for 10 minutes and then a recorded message said to call back later since the customer service call volume was too high when I attempted to check into our flight 4 hours prior to the flight time. The call was then disconnected. If I had been able to get through I would have been told the flight was rescheduled to two hours earlier and we would have made the plane. I have found 149 WARNINGS and customer service complaints on TripAdvisor and numerous others on other sites all with similar situations as mine. Is it possible to speak with a Supervisor about this issue and is there a Better Business Bureau for Spain?

Tl