Vonage / Did not give refund as stated

1 Griffin, GA, United States

On September 8, 2010, I ordered Vonage service. I was charged over 60 dollars on my credit card that day. I was assured in a phone followup that there was a 30 day refund, if only a partial one, and likewise refund in returning the adapter.

My wife objected and wanted the refund and to use our existing system of Comcast.

On September 10 as ordered I cancelled.

An email was received stating that my order was before September 8, and no refund at all would be granted and I could keep the adapter!

I called and asked about the 30 day refund, and it was impossible for me to find a time machine and go back one day. The response was, more or less, that the refund was "misunderstood" despite my careful checking before a commitment.

Thanks, Comcast. Ten bucks more, BUT at least I can trust your guarantee and refund policy. Comcast may have faults, but not like this! Read the below to confirm my problem:

COPY COPY COPY COPY
If your Order Date is before September 8, 2010 and you have cancelled within 30 days from your Order Date, then you are under a 30-day money back guarantee offer under which we will refund your payments, if any, for the first line only, including any paid activation fee, adapter and initial shipping charges, 1st month service charge, fees and certain taxes. Your Order Date is your sign-up date or the date we processed your first payment, whichever came later. If your Order Date is on or after September 8, 2010, there is no money back guarantee offer or refunds upon cancellation, which is further described under "Cancellation" in your order confirmation.

If applicable, our money back guarantee does not apply to any charges for international usage, payphone calls to Vonage toll free numbers and any features or services not expressly included in your monthly plan fee. In addition, we may not be able to refund all of the taxes that you paid.

To receive this refund, you must meet the following conditions:

o You must return the adapter in its original condition, at your cost
within 14 days after you receive the Return Authorization email,
which includes instructions on how to return the device.
After receipt of the Vonage device, we will apply a refund to your
payment method on file within 10 business days. If you do not
return the adapter according to the Money Back Guarantee policy,
you will be charged a Rebate Recovery Fee equal to the rebate
amount you originally received for the adapter.

If your Order Date qualifies your cancellation for the money back guarantee and you purchased your adapter from a Retailer, you can return your adapter only to that Retailer pursuant to its return policy. We do not refund the price of Vonage adapters purchased from Retailers under our Money Back Guarantee. However, you will receive a refund of any paid activation fee, 1st month service charge, fees and certain taxes.

Charges for any overages, payphone calls to Vonage toll free numbers, and out of plan international calls or any other features and services outside your plan are separately emailed, billed and charged to your payment method within seven (7) days after cancellation.