Vonage / Cancellation

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I purchase Vonage back in 2007. I had issues on and off with the service such as the broadband and the echoing. We tried to cancel the service in September of 2008 and were given the runaround. They went to forwarding the calls the lady I spoke to today said that it costs 4.9 cents to forward the calls to the new number. They are considered to be outgoing calls just for your future reference. I was told I had a 2 year contract but when I called then a few minutes ago to set up service I was told there is no contract. Someone is lying somewhere. I did bring this up to the supervisor I spoke to. After reading the complaints on this site I was prepared for the excuses when I asked for one. I did pay the cancelation fee. It was the best $42.69 I spent. I will be keeping my eye on my account to see if they continue to bill me. I did let the supervisor know that I would be doing so since that is a practice they seem to perform, and if they did they would be seeing me in small claims court.

Be

Comments

• Bi
      6th of Sep, 2008

Have tried to cancel service since 2/08. They keep you on the phone forever, offer a month free, etc, etc.
    However, when all is said and done, they will not cancel. I have been in a location where I do not have access to internet or satellite and cannot use vonage. But, they are still charging me in 09/08.