Vonage / Cancel Fees after over 1 year service

1 United States

After having Vonage for over 1 year I decided to cancel 01/13/2009, after being put on hold three times and given the run-around then an offer to stay with Vonage for 19.99 per month I refused and insisted they cancel the service. The rep was incredibly rude and told me I would have to pay 44.47 in cancel fees, I asked her if she is OK, she obviously was deluded. I was a Vonage customer for over 1 year so cancel fees did not apply, per the agreement when I signed up in 2007, after yelling at me to read my agreement; I continued to insist I had a 1yr no fee cancellation agreement.
They eventually canceled the service after over 20 minutes of insisting that they cancel,

I WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO VONAGE OR RECOMMEND VONAGE PHONE SERVICE to anyone and will tell everyone I meet looking for a phone service, my friends who signed up on my recommendation is also leaving, spread the word the VONAGE PHONE SERVICE is a big scam and will no honor their agreements. My bank will deal with idiots like Vonage and their fraudulent billing practices.
I phoned back to complain and nothing was done my account was immediately billed the cancel fees. Let them fight with my bank over this unauthorized billing.

Gw