Vonage / Cancel Fees after over 1 year service
After having Vonage for over 1 year I decided to cancel 01/13/2009, after being put on hold three times and given the run-around then an offer to stay with Vonage for 19.99 per month I refused and insisted they cancel the service. The rep was incredibly rude and told me I would have to pay 44.47 in cancel fees, I asked her if she is OK, she obviously was deluded. I was a Vonage customer for over 1 year so cancel fees did not apply, per the agreement when I signed up in 2007, after yelling at me to read my agreement; I continued to insist I had a 1yr no fee cancellation agreement.
They eventually canceled the service after over 20 minutes of insisting that they cancel,
I WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO VONAGE OR RECOMMEND VONAGE PHONE SERVICE to anyone and will tell everyone I meet looking for a phone service, my friends who signed up on my recommendation is also leaving, spread the word the VONAGE PHONE SERVICE is a big scam and will no honor their agreements. My bank will deal with idiots like Vonage and their fraudulent billing practices.
I phoned back to complain and nothing was done my account was immediately billed the cancel fees. Let them fight with my bank over this unauthorized billing.
More Vonage Complaints & Reviews
- Vonage - Scam and fraud! 
- Vonage Home Service - Terrible customer service 
- Vonage World Calling Plan - Unlimited International = 3000 minutes 
- Vonage Phone Service - telephone service 
- Vonage - Fraud 
- Vonage Holdings Corporation - worst voip provider available
- Vonage Holdings Corporation - international calling
- Vonage Holdings Corporation - fraud
- Vonage - world plan and cancellation process
- Vonage - rebate never came even 18 months later still trying