Vodafone / sms alerts
I have a vodafone connection and the no.[protected]. On 15.11.2007, I received a service message regarding SMS alerts on cricket. Since I received a service message, i just read the message and closed without activating the alert. After a few minutes i am receiving a message that my SMS alerts on cricket has been activiated and sum of Rs.99/- has been charged and deducted from the account balance. Immediately(after 5 minutes) i called up the customer care and spoke to someone asking them what was going on and why did have to deducte Rs.99/- from my account balance when I have not requested for cricket alerts. The personnel on the other side kept saying they sent these service messages by default sent to everybody and that he would look into the matter and requested to call up after 24 hrs and see what he could do.
After about half an hour i spoke to another lady and asked her what she could do to recredit the Rs.99/- to my account balance.
She said that the complaint is registered (registration no.[protected])and that her superiors would study the case the get back to me on Mondayi.e., 19.11.2007.
I dont know how many such incidents like these have occured to other customers and many without knowledge will be paying the postpaid bills for all these service messages. I would definitely want to get back my Rs.99/- recredited for no fault of mine.
More Vodafone Complaints & Reviews
- Vodafone - isd not activated/deactivation of connection any time 
- [Resolved] Vodafone - wrong commitment & worst customer care 
- Vodafone Spain - awful customer service 
- Vodafone / Mobile Bill Payment - poor service! 
- Vodafone - transferred to an adult sex line 
- Vodafone - new phone number
- Vodafone - poor customer service - bad network
- Vodafone - customer service
- Vodafone - employee behavior
- Vodafone - billing and customer service