Vodacom / unresolved issue, told 'query resolved', which has not happened.

1 South Africa

My number does not show when I make outgoing calls. Told by Vodacom that I need permission from them for this to happen, since I upgraded to a new phone last week. I've been with them for years and this is the first time I've heard of this.
Call logged Sunday 20/11/2016. Informed it would take 24 hours to unblock my number. Monday 21/11/2016 - no change.
Called Tuesday 22/11/2016. Informed that my issue had not been logged and would be done so then. Again, told to wait 24 hours. Wednesday 23/11/2016 - no change. Called AGAIN.
After yet again going through entire security question rigmarole and listening to automated messages for the first 3 minutes of the call, finally got to speak to a human.
Was told by 'Solutions' agent to switch phone off at 17:18, and back on at 17:33, and that he would call me back to check that change had been effected. No change. No call-back.
Received message this morning (Thursday 24/11/2016) to say my query had been closed, despite there being NO CHANGE and my original issue remaining UNRESOLVED.

Lp