Vodacom / unauthorized contract migration

Pretoria, South Africa Review updated:

To whom it may concern,

I have two lines with Vodacom namely :

[protected]

In December 2016 we requested that both handsets be upgraded with no change to contract packages. We were telephonically advised that the call centre agent had mistakenly migrated the contract on [protected]. The new handset was delivered but not activated as we were advised it would be collected. I am now paying for two Red advantage packages instead of one Red advantage and a Top Up contract.

Several phone calls to no avail have left me in despair and I thus advise that this matter be tended within a week or I will have to contact the ombudsman.

Your urgent response would be appreciated

Johann Du Toit

Jo
Jan 9, 2017

Comments

• Da
      9th of Jan, 2017

Have the same problem with my mother, who by the way is (79 yrs old). She took out another contract with Vodacom last year, namely a tablet which they had on special. Somehow Vodacom got so mixed up with her existing top up number and the tablet's number that she now receives data on her old cellphone (which cannot log into the internet) and top up on the tablet (which she only uses to play games with). After spending almost a whole day on the phone with the uncapable personnel of Vodacom, jumping from person to person, I was assured that this was now sorted out. Well almost 5 months down the line the same problem still persist.
    Vodacom is by far one of the most unprofessional service providers I ever came accross and a person does not know the lenghts you most go to to have any mistakes they make rectified in a proper human way.