Vodacom/Blackberry / new phone broken after one month

1 1179 walter ave, waverley, pretoria, south africaPretoria, South Africa Review updated:
Phone: +27798757538

to whom it may concern

Good day

I upgraded my cellphone package a month ago and signed a second 2year deal with vodacom (cell package: Talk 240) and received my new phone on 25 March 2009. I have been using the phone from that time and the handheld has already started showing signs of dysfuntion. The red button that puts the phone off and ends calls doesn't work, the "m", "p", "n" and "space" bar buttons do not work and part of the phone (see photo) has come detached from phone and has fallen out, (where and when I do not know)

I took the phone to Vodacom (Menlyn Pretoria branch) and was informed that the phone would have to be sent to blackberry for repairs and that blackberry would charge me for ALL repairs made to the phone. I've only had this phone for over a month and now I have to pay for all repairs. Vodacom refused to exchange the phone, they just shruged, pushed their shoulders and said that it was out of their hands and that I had to drive to Midrand to get the problem sorted out.

I have to use my phone on a daily basis for work, and am currently losing work and money because I cannot fully use my phone.

please help!! It would be much appreciated!!

Personla details:

vodacom contract details:
acc no: I1301631-4
type: talk 240
branch where account was opened: Menlyn, Pretoria

(I'm not sure what information is relevant, so I'm sending you everything I have, thanx)

Regards and many thanx
Ricardo

Vodacom/Blackberry

Comments

• Sc
      22nd of Nov, 2011

Hi I bought a blackberry 9300 curve in July and thee scroll button gets stuck, I took it in to vodacom Brooklyn on thee 25the of October for theem to check thee phone and theey agreed to get it sorted out. a week later when I phoned theey had only sent it in theat morning to repairs, thee Friday I was phoned to say thee phone is fixed and I can fetch it. When I got home and put thee phone on it was thee same as before I theen took it back. Last week Friday I was told theat theey tested thee phone and it is fixed got theere and I put thee phone on in thee shop and it did exactly thee same. Now it has been sent in again and all theey tell me is theat theey can not do anytheing and I should wait until thee phone is fixed. Is theis thee right service? When you have to pay your contract and you don't your phone gets switched off by theem but when you wait for your phone for so long you just have to go withe what every body says. This is not funny anymore. I use theis phone for work everyday and now I am losing money because of people theat cant seem to do theeir jobs thee way it is meant to be done.