Vodacom 3g Data / huge bill for 3g data

1 South Africa Review updated:

I have received two huge Vodacom bills for October and November 2009 amounting to R8500 for the two months. Since 2007 I have the 500 meg contract of R249 per month and ONLY paid that amount untill receiving this HUGE amounts. I have not increased my internet activity at all and did not download the amount Vodacom keeps me liable for. I have requested proof and only received part of their data lists only on 29 Dec 2009 but already I was blacklisted externally.

I don't know how this happened but could it be a Vodacom employee fraudelent downloading data on my account? ???Meter reading problems, Software / modem problems???Vodacom just insist that I am at fault and need to pay...but they CANNOT give any answers or proof. I do not mind pay for services I have used for BUT THIS is stealing and daylight robbery!!!

Comments

• Ly
      30th of Mar, 2010

I have just experienced the same thing. I rarely go over my 3G/2 gig cap package. Last month I received a bill from Vodacom for almost R5000! On the itemised billing it shows 2 spikes - one for R2200 and another fr R1700 (a day apart). However, on the itemised billing report the first amount is accompanied by a NEGATIVE data usage amount. I can get no joy in terms of an explanation of the bill, and have just been told that I am liable and must pay. As there is a 3G account and a cellphone account at stake here, I must simply pay. But I am hoping to carry this forward to some kind of ombudsmun (if I can find one) or the small claims court.