Virgin Mobile USA / unsafe billing practice

1 NY, United States

I signed up for the $49.99 monthly no contract unlimited cell phone service. I purchased the phone and signed up for service on the website. I linked the plan to my credit card to be billed monthly. Of course the first month was charged and paid. The next month without warning the phone was cut off completely. I spent more than 35 mins going through their automated "ALEX" system to finally get a live rep. I explained the problem and the rep took my information of my credit card again and the charge was made. I inquired whether I would have to call every month to do this and was assured that would not be the case. Needless to say this month once again the phone was abruptly terminated. The response from customer service was, " the system says their is no money on the card". This is a credit card not a debit card. It does not maintain a balance. Despite having sufficient contact info from me Virgin Mobile made no effort to contact me prior to terminating service. That is wreckless since a phone is a lifeline. It has no incoming or outgoing service. Next, regular unsecured credit cards don't have balances on them and never will. If you don't want to accept them then only take debits. When you keep terminating service Virgin Mobile treats good paying customers as though they are deadbeats. I am cancelling service and hope this post gets read by anyone considering Virgin Mobile service. They also fail miserably to offer a direct line around that automated nonsense meaning and added time investment to fix their errors. I do not recommend them.