Virgin Mobile USA Logo

Virgin Mobile USA

Having problems with Virgin Mobile USA?

611 (Account Services)
729 (Payments)
1888 322 1122 (Customer Service)
1888 999 2321 (Canada)
+1 416 348 1892 (International)
+1 877 877 8443 (Broadband2Go)
+1 888 321 5880 (Assurance Wireless)
6200 Sprint Pkwy
Fri7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

they charged me twice in one month!

I have virgin mobile service which was taken directly from my checking account. I changed banks and called to tell them that my account would need to be taken out of my new bank and they said I ordered more minutes and they don't have a recording of me ordering any but I talked to an automatic system and I ordered a top up even when I had minutes on my phone. I had went on line to change the information in my account with them so they would have the right account to take the monthly charge out and my phone was cut off on the 12 of July and when I called to see what was wrong they asked for my new check card number I gave it to them as they said they did not have it on file. I later found out they charged me for minutes I did not order. All I asked was for them to refund me 31.50 they were not authorized to take out. They said no I cannot afford too pay them twice so I have canceled my service with them as of August 15, 2007 and now I won't have any cell phone and I am a senior on fixed income and had to pay a overdraft because of this. They told me I am paid up until August 15, 2007.

This company has scammed me out of 31.50. It may not sound like much but to someone on fixed income it is a lot.

• Ke
    Kenneth Lloyd Ames Jun 01, 2007

I can not list all the problems that I have had to deal with this company and yet truly I am the dummy for my bad credit so I use these as***les!!!

Want to know more e-mail me @ [email protected]

virgin mobile violating telephone consumer protection act of 1991!

Virgin Mobile violating Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 For the past year I have been attacked by...

virgin mobile are crooks!

Virgin Mobile are crooks. They don't care that you have been a good customer for 4yrs. I had a defective phone, the camera didn't work, the MP3 didn't work and it came with a 1yr warranty. Well they gave us a hard time replacing the phone and when they did they told us we had send the defective phone back within a certain amount of time or the service of the new phone would be suspended. Well we received the phone in the mail and sent the defective phone back in the same box with the return labels. The Fed Ex took the box that day, and that has been over three weeks ago. Virgin Mobile says they have not received the box and my phone will be cut off in two days. I just topped up $50.00 they wont refund my money. These people forget that we are the reason they have jobs and with out us their company is no good. I have put on so many people to Virgin Mobile and even they Virgin Mobile's loyalty is crap my friends loyalty stands firm when I leave Virgin Mobile so are my over 123 friends. Virgin Mobile are thieves. They took money out of my account with out my permission and would not refund my money. And I wonder if the starter of Virgin Mobile knows that the people he has running his company are crooks. When I tried to go up the chain of command they refused to give me any one else name and number. Personally I think they are lying about not receiving the phone and figure that because they are at a lost of money that would steal from me. Nice way to treat a customer!

• Ca
    carmen perez Jul 09, 2007

I agree virgin mobile is a rip-off I got my daughter a phone from them and every month is a different charge for her monthly plan. First they were charging for their own text messages, that they were sending her. Now they sent me a e-mail notifying me about the payment coming up I went into the website a day before the bill was due paid the $34.99 plus tax for the plan and now today my daughter gets an e-mail that she needs to add another $1.05 for the plan. But she was reminded that top ups are $10.00 or more. When I called virginmobile to ask them about it they told that the tax that was charge to my card was for the government and the extra 1.05 is taxes for the plan. It sounds like fraud to me. Is just a way for them to get more money out of people. Well, this will be my last month using virginmobile services.

• Il
    Illinifan Jul 19, 2009

I paid Virgin Moble 96 for the unlimited plan. then the next day changed my plan for the next month to the 40 plan and they went ahead and switch me, KEEPING my 96 dollars and refusing to refund it or use it to make payments to my plan. Viegin Moble next time you do this Please hold a gun to me so I can get the full effect of being robbed.

MadRabbit Nov 21, 2009

Virgin Mobile is run by a bunch of crooks!! You are correct, they charged me $5 just for checking my BALANCE on my phone!!! I posted $40 to my account to TOP UP and the phone was still not activated. I checked my balance online and it told me I was short $1.78 and must add that to turn my phone on.

So I call Virgin Mobile and ask them how can I add the $1.78 when they only take $10, $20, $40, etc. through the credit card. She then told me I need to add $5 to my account because I checked my balance on my phone (pressing the up symbol) too many times and they charge you for that!!

### Virgin Mobile. This will be last month using their services. If I wanted to get robbed like this, I'd go back Verizon Wireless!!

Done.

somebody changed number & vkey on my account!

After having a falling out & kicking a lowlife out of my house, the next day I went to make about the 10th call of the day and heard "your account could not be validated". This has happened once before so I didn't think nothing of it. When I called cs the first time I gave them my number she said "there is no record of that number in our system" I responded I've had that # for about 6m now, so she tried again and my account popped up. My name is on the account but she said the vkey I gave was wrong tried a few times & then she asked my secret question the answer I gave was right. At this time she said there had been changes made that day but since I did not know the vkey she could not tell me anything. I talked to a supervisor who also said I could not do nothing since I did not know the vkey. This company is worthless and will never use them again & suggested that nobody else waist your time or money with them.

Joseph Mcclure Jun 06, 2007

I work for Virgin Mobile as a Senior Rep. Just wanted to comment on a few things. First and foremost, I apologize for any inconvenience not having an accurate Vkey may have caused. As we state when we are activating, Vkeys operate like an ATM pin. Without it you get no access to the account, just like an ATM... That however can be resolved by faxing in your account information such receipt of phone you purchased, or any top up card receipts, or cc receipts, which are all equally easy to attain, and fax in and have resolved within 3 business days...

JACQUILLAN SHIP Aug 14, 2008

SOMEBODY CHANGE MY ACCOUNT PIN NUMBER AND MY SECERT QUESTION AND ANSWER AND I CAN'T CHECK MY VOICEMAIL.

• Fr
    frustrated11234 Feb 25, 2009

I just today bought a virgin mobile phone. I've followed all the steps to activivate and program the phone and bought a $30 minute pack. It's been 8 hours and I still cannot use the phone. No matter what I try to do it say "account cannot be validated".

I've called customer service twice and they're as useless as the damn phone. All they do is ask me to verify the serial number and phone number... and i've quadruple checked those 50 times!

Virgin Mobile Sucks ###. It's pathetic.

• 13
    139196 May 15, 2009

man ### virgin mobile they did da some ### to me. So i say ### them ### them all.

simply the worst!

Virgin Mobile Prepaid Phone = Terrible Customer Service + Credit Card Fraud + Identity Theft???

1. They are very difficult to reach. Then keep you on hold forever.

2. As just about everyone else said, the reps are shockingly rude.

3. They have loud, terrible hold music, then terrible background noise while you are talking - worse than the most awful telemarketers - and won't call you back for better reception.

4. They take way too long to get back to you if you email customer service.

5. They give you a password, then a secret question answer that are ridiculous unless you are a teenager (favorite actor/singer/team) or one that is not secure enough (pet name).

6. They don't send your pass code to you in an email like everyone else does.

7. When I tried to put it in - five times - it kept getting rejected, so I called the terrible customer service line, they were again rude, and refused to give me any info, making it virtually impossible to access my own account. I pointed out that they had my name, address AND credit card info, so I had a right to my billing info to check against credit card, but they still refused to even mail it to me. They said something about 'security'...

8. Security??? their system is so technologically insecure I was either hit up with a phishing thing both on the phone and in email within 6 wks or their billing and account software systems are so bad that they completely lose track of your credits.

9. SCARY PART: I got an official-looking alert on the top screen of phone and an email both saying I was completely out of minutes, had to top up. By my own accounting I had used only 50%, but I went online and topped off with a credit card. Phone works again. But because of all the password nonsense, I couldn't check my account for a week. When I did I noticed the account was never credited after I gave the credit Card info. THIS MEANS THAT I MAY HAVE BECOME VICTIM OF A VIRGIN MOBILE PHISHING SCAM, both by PHONE and by email. And they are worried about idiotic password security??? They won't even confirm info so that you could see if you've been a victim of identity theft!

10. I contacted Virgin Mobile... Still waiting on a response. I imagine they will shed no light on this whatsoever. And be rude - again.

11. Although my bank doesn't show unusual activity, to be safe I have to cancel the card - which means spending an entire day changing all the utilities and other bills that draft from that card. ALL BECAUSE OF VIRGIN MOBILE's sloppy, rude services.

12. They only allow access to your account info for 60 days - if you aren't smart enough to cut and paste all the info (very time consuming since they only post 10 items per web page), then you will have even more trouble unraveling the mess THEY created!

13. ON top of all that, reception was incredibly bad. I spent $20 phone + $20 first top-up card, then days of time dealing with credit card issues related to their sloppy security and accounting practices. If someone already stole my identity I could be in legal, criminal and other trouble. You get what you pay for!!!

Thank god I did not get stuck with any kind of long - term commitment. It was "Pay as you Go" - and believe me, I'm GOING - to some other carrier.

• Pr
    proctorman May 27, 2007

Don't hold your breath trying to get a refund on a phone returned within their 30-day guarantee policy. They are quick to take your money, but... Better Business Bureau denotes "unsatisfactory" rating (not a member either), whereas Trac Fone is a member and a "satisfactory" rating. I totally agree with everything this consumer has stated !!

• Li
    Linda Mar 07, 2008

I got a Virgin Mobile phone as a gift along with a $20 top up card, which bought me 200 minutes. Everything seemed fine until I decided to go ahead and buy a monthly plan of 200 minutes and 500 night and weekend minutes for 24.99, plus $5 for 1000 text messages. I already had 200 minutes, but when i bought the monthly plan, i lost those 200 minutes and was charged a total of 62.68 for a 24.99 plan and 5.00 text messaging. I understand there are "surcharges and taxes", but 62.68 just seemed like A LOT. So after calling customer service and having to listen to the automated "Simone" , a real live rep. told me i lost my 200 minutes i got with the top up card because I changed my plan before the 30 day cycle, plus I was charged a fee because i changed my plan before the 30 days was over. This is ridiculous. If you buy minutes you should be able to keep them regardless of changing your plan. Being charged because you want to buy a monthly plan before your 30 days is up, is stupid. The fact that none of this information is available through the website is unfair to its consumers. They lead you on, and it is just dishonest. Plan and simple, Virgin Mobile blows and you do to if you continue using their crappy service.

terrible customer service, phishing threat

1. They keep you on hold forever
2. They have terrible hold music, then terrible background noise--worse than the most awful telemarketers-- and won't call you back for better reception
3. They take way too long to get back to you if you email customer service
4. They delete your account info after 60 days
5. They won't give you your account info without a secret code , but don't send that to you in an email like most everyone else does
6. Their net software screws up so you can't get to your account and when you call they won't give you the info you want
7. They were incredibly rude each time I called.
8. They refuse to even mail your account info to you--despite collecting name, address and credit card info
9. They never recorded a credit card payment
10. Received a "notice" by special screen on the phone, followed by an email, that I was completely out of minutes, despite my record showing about 50% left; then after paying by credit card had minutes, but when finally got through to account info it had no record of credit card purchase--so this was either a phishing scam, which means they don't have their act together in terms of security, or their billing and account software is absolutely terrible.
11. Because of all that, I had to change my credit/debit card account, which meant changing billing info with my utilities, internet service etc and not having a debit card for several days--I have lost a day and counting to this mess.
12. ON top of all that, reception was scattered and lousy.

Thank god I did get stuck with any kind of long-term commitment. It was "Pay as you Go" and I WENT.

real companies are being used for scam!

I received a letter and a check today that said I won 81000.00 and a check for 2850.00. They said the check was to be used for the clearance fee. This is a scam in the name of the companies listed above, they have no idea (they do now) the check was in the name of Avid Airline Products. We called them and they are already working on it in there fraud department. If we would of cashed or deposit the check it would of bounced our bank account, because the check is no good. DO NOT CASH OR DEPOSIT THESE CHECKS, THEY ARE NOT FROM THE COMPANY, THEY ARE STOLEN.

Beware!!!

deceptive business practices!

The whole Virgin Mobile Top-Up phones sounded like a great idea for a daily usage with a plan for $ 44.99...

bait and switch plans

If you are a customer better check your billing plan! they are keeping prices the SAME but downgrading/reducing minutes! They will not grandfather you even if you are a current customer. In particular they are taking away the unlimited nights/weekends on all but the most expensive plan. So if you bought a phone you either get less minutes or there answer to me was to pay MORE $. I had 3 phones, already canceled one, downgraded another and will do so with one more. Remove your credit card info via website so they can't keep billing you. Service is no longer a bargain at the NEW price plan.

• Je
    Jennifer Cook May 03, 2007

Virgin mobile charge my credit card twice for two months in a row. I had to call them 8 times and talk to "supervisors" who were extremely rude and i was told that the card being charged twice by them was not their problem So i lost money and got stuck with the charges. Please do not choose virgin mobile it is a rip off and their customer service is rude and non caring. They are not willing to take responsibility for their actions.

sarina mauo Jul 16, 2007

To start, I have been a customer for a LONG time now and spent a lot of money with them... so now, with my very upsetting experience, I called customer svc and was treated very badly. Not only as I switched around 4 x and on hold each time about 15min, I was treated like my acct DID NOT matter. Like I was bothering these people...

• Be
    Bernhard Berger Jan 04, 2008

I was with virgin mobile in Canada...never even imagined that a company can be that fraudulent and get away with it!
    What they are doing here is spamming your text mail and charging it to your airtime...regardless what you try they won`t stop.
    I switched to a pay as you go...prepaid $50, never even got to make a single call and all my airtime had vanished...they preloaded my inbox while my phone was out of service to the extent that I would have to pay hundreds of $ in order to use this telephone....
    my advice: dump this company and stomp on your Virgin Mobile telephone.....I`m going back to a regular Telephone Company.

nothing but tell lies and misrepresent how their service works

In July 2006 we purchased a Nokia Shorty phone from Virgin Mobile. After talking several times to customer service, we determined this was the less expensive than purchasing a phone from Radio Shack. Red flags should have gone up then because the customer service reps argued with me about what the web page said, when I was reading it directly to them. They would tell me “No, it doesn’t say that.We were told the phone was free (a refund would be issued for the purchase price—in reality they added dollars to the Virgin account not a refund to my credit card). After using the phone for the 1 month we needed it, Virgin charged my credit card $51.73. When I called 9/14/06 to find out why, Guy told me it was a mistake and he would issue a refund to my credit card. I called 9/24/06 and spoke with David since the refund had not appeared. In addition to his rude attitude he said there were no notes in my file from Guy and that they would never refund the monthly charge—pretty much he called me a liar. Guy also had told me we had 328 minutes remaining so I figured ok, I’ve paid for them so we might as well use them. Then they hit my credit card again the next month. That’s when I said delete my card number, you do not have the authority to charge anything to my account.

We were told when the phone was purchased that you could top up for $20 at a time—so I did that. The phone shows a balance of $23.41 but will not make calls. This time the customer service rep said you can’t just top up you have to purchase a monthly plan and then if you need extra minutes you can top up.

This company has done nothing but tell lies and misrepresent how their service works. I will make sure that anyone I see in a store looking at a Virgin Mobile phone gets an earful about how customer unfriendly this company is. I suppose this is one to file under “lesson learned”.

Vonnie.

• Valerie Feb 01, 2007

I ordered a VOX 8610 on 1/22/2007. The phone wouldn't charge. I called customer service and explained the problem. They said "do I want a charger or another phone".

I replied that I could not tell if it was the charger or the phone that was at fault so please send a new kit. None the less, they sent a phone but not a charger and it also wouldn't charge. I called customer service and explained the issue and that it must be the charger at fault. The rep said they would not send a new charger, that I would have to purchase one.

I said this didn't make any sense, according to the offer I could return the phone for a full refund and does he mean that to get a new phone and charger I need to return both the phones for a refund and then order another one to get a charger? The support rep said yes and that I had to make up my mind - either return the phone or purchase a charger. I asked to speak to a supervisor. The customer support rep kept going off line (to talk to someone?) but refused or couldn't get a supervisor to talk to me. She then asked for the ESN number of the phone. When I said I didn't know what an 'ESN' number was, she indignantly explained that it was like a serial number on the back of the phone. I'm not clear why she needed this, since I haven't activated the phone and I already referenced the order (vmu) number. At any rate I had been on the phone now for over 40 min with the support rep (obviously not very cost effective for virgin mobile) and at least she was trying to track down some info - or so I thought - she finally came back on line and said that her computer was down (!) and she couldn't handle my order - that I would have to call back. I called back, had to work my way thru the answering system and got thru to "RMA" and a fellow named Mike.

Mike explained that they couldn't send a charger (none in stock) and that I would have to send the entire phone back - which is what I am now doing - 60+ minutes after the initial call.

I have to say that my interactions with Virgin Mobile so far has not been positive. They customer service staff is obviously poorly trained and not empowered to make decisions. The phone support interfaces are youth geared - not a bad thing except when it is at the expense of treating adults courteously and professionally. I am sending the phone back for a refund and re-considering the provider for pay-as-you-go service.

Jai1008jaijai Jul 30, 2016

I've been a customer for years with Virgin Mobile and for the most part they've been good. However, I recently had a data usage issue where after having and using data for years and tracking my average data usage month as 2.5 gigs, suddenly in a two day period I used 6 gb of data and was charged over $50.

I called in to get answers as to why this would be. I was on hold for most of the morning. The phone finally rang through and it went to a busy signal and I was disconnected. I called back two more times and waited on hold before I finally reached an uncaring (in my opinion) rep.

His name is Sean (employee number 6052789) who simply said I'm only charged for what I use. I informed him of this unusual spike in my data and told hime that I've been a loyal customer for years and he just refused to see that perhaps Virgin could have made a mistake. Give me a break. He just kept saying that's what I used.

He said there is nothing he is willing to do because I was charged correctly. How does he know? I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said he is one. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said his supervisor doesn't handle calls. I asked who I can talk to above him and he gave me this email [email protected]

I will buy out my contract this week and it is not my intention to cause harm, slander or misrepresent this company in any way but I will share my experience with everyone I know and care about to avoid this company because I feel they have glitches with their data usage tracking and are unwilling to give loyal customers the benefit of the doubt. I don't want this to happen to anyone else.

After being with them faithfully for years, when a problem comes up it is clear that they do not know how to handle a problem when an issue comes up to the customer's satisfaction. I couldn't believe he wasn't even willing to be open to consider the possibility that there could be an error in relation to my data calculation and usage.

Sir Richard Branson, founder, would be horrified that reps within his company are not even open to the possibility that something on their end could be malfunctioning. Total failure of excelling in service here.

If anyone can recommend a data and cell provider in Alberta that is dependable with data tracking and willing to look at possibilities if something goes wrong, please let me know.

• Na
    nahhhx Dec 12, 2018

I signed up for pre-authorized payment for my Virgin home internet service. But I found out they double charged me this month. The numbers on the Virgin bill and the numbers they took out from the bank was not the same. So be careful people, don't ever use the Pre-Authorized payment. You don't know how much they will charge you.

• Mo
    Moamen galal Mar 04, 2019

I wanted to change my plan to yearly plan and i couldnot have acess to the registered mail as it is on facebook from long time and it seems to be impossible to change it, i have been 5 days now, my phone is dead, i cant work i cant do any thing, really virgin have the best after service i ever seen

• Ev
    Evelyn Davis,sr Apr 15, 2019

I have been told 3 times to wait 24 hours to 72 hours, and The phone is still not in service. They say they are looking for a tower and they use Tmobile and another company. I paid my "top-up fee" on 3/29 for service to 5/14/19. Is this Virgin Mobile a legitimate company?

• Aa
    Aakif Shamsi Apr 22, 2019

They suspended my services as they didn't have my new Visa copy, but they charged me with renewal Fee.
    Now again I requested then to stop charging me but charge full amount and are denying help.

thanks for nothing!

My husband and I had our services terminated even though we were not due to top up on our accounts until 11/21/06. After calling the company's so-called "expert advisors", they can't seem to agree on our previous top up dates. One person says May 2006 and another says June 2006. (It was actually August!) Even so, the last out-going call made from my phone was on October 16,2006, with no problems, I might add. So if the "experts" are correct about their dates, I should have never been able to make that call, right?! Now I have 2 phones with no phone numbers and we are out over $60.00 because of this company's incompetance. So to Tiffany and Jessica at Virgin Mobile I'd like to say- Thanks for nothing!!

Gloria

P.S. Why doesn't Virgin Mobile have a direct link for customer complaints? I couldn't find one unless you have to log on with your phone# and if that's the case, how can someone in my situation do that?

• Ta
    Talkgirl Aug 20, 2018

I've made over 5 months of monthly payments and still no giftcard. I called the company and seem to be getting the runaround. This is a scam and it looks like a class action lawsuit will be in their very near future!