Virgin Mobile USA / would not give me what I paid for and refuse to refund my money

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I added $60.00 to my account to get the $49.99 plan. Their system automatcally charged me for my previous $24.99 plan. I called customer service and customer service rep Jason and Brian in the Phillipines refused to change plan to $49.99, The refused to refund my money because I told them that I didn't want to pay for something that I did not want. I wanted my 60.00 baack! I paid into the account $60.00, specifically for the 49.99 plan. Brian and Jason, told me that because I made 3 phone calls for 22 minutes, they could not refund my money and refused to give me what I paid for, which the 49.99 plan.

Also note: I choose the $49.99 plan before I paid for it. The website stated that my account would change to the $49.99 plan on 5/6/2009. And On 5/6/2009, I added 60.00 to my account to buy the plan! Their system automatcally charged me for my previous $24.99 plan. so I was left with about $25.00 in my account. I had to stay on the phone with Jason and Brian for an hour! I told them if I did not get the plan that I paid for, that I wanted my money back.

My anger brought me here, and I will write the owner of virgin mobile, the board members and aany Shareholder who would listen. In this economy $60 is a lot of money and the customer should be treated fairly.

Comments

• Di
      1st of Jun, 2009

Similar to what happened to me and a friend. Very long waits in a phone queue to finally be hung up twice. If you do finally reach someone, they are in Nicaragua (in my case) and struggle with the language. Phone line quality is very poor adding to the language barrier. The guy on the other end needs your account access codes so he can go the the same internet page you use. He knows nothing and can do nothing - he has to go on hold for long periods to confer with someone else. With the reduction in rates from mainstream carriers, why deal with these bozos? Sir Richard Branson has certainly sold out.

• Ru
      18th of Mar, 2010

u know what? if you are having a lot of complaints about virgin mobile, don't put the blame to their live advisors.they have some rules to follow also and by not following that certain rule could terminate them right then and there.it's actually their system that sucks! live advisors are being monitored every single day, they are graded and have metrix to follow.they have limits in processing refunds such as dollar amount or minutes.and they are even required to obtain an AHT of 5 minutes in one day so they have to manage their call.they sometimes get frustrated because they are not able to assist the customers well due to the metrix that they follow.most of you might not understand this but then again, don't put the blame to their live advisors.they are trying to do the best that they could to help you resolve your problems about your phone.there are just some concerns that's beyond their control.