Virgin Active / diamond membership scam
Joined Virgin Active, Diamond Membership, was told this was the best for me and i would tied in for 12 months, was never told had to cancel by 17th of the month before the end of my year or i would have to pay for another 12 months. After 16 months my circumstances changed, could no longer afford the fees, cancelled on-line, another payment was taken. Phoned them and was told i had to cancel in writing, no one told me i had to pay for nearly another year. Delivered cancellation letter by hand, they took another payment following month, i thought my cancellation had not caught up with them so cancelled my DD, received letter from Virgin Active saying my DD was cancelled, still no explanation of what my membership entailed. just thought my cancellation will be put on system soon. started getting letters from debt collectors, wrote letter OCT 09 to virgin active & debt collectors stating i had cancelled, eventually got letter from debt agency explaining membership in December. They now want me to pay for another 8 months although it is too late for me to use gym now, i cannot afford to pay which is why i cancelled in first place, wrote to Virgin yet again as still had no correspondance from them, they wrote back sa ying tough, the only way to stop debt collectors is to pay up. has anyone been able to make them see sense, if its impossible for someone to pay they should not be forced to continue paying for a service they dont use.
More Virgin Active Complaints & Reviews
- Virgin Active - gym membership cancellation 
- Virgin Active - problems with club membership agreement 
- Virgin Active South Africa - bad customer service 
- Virgin Active - personal training structure
- Virgin Active - cancellation of contract 
- Virgin Active South Africa - pool
- Virgin Active South Africa - watt bikes
- Virgin Active South Africa - bad attitude
- Virgin Active Lorraine - pool and staff service 
- Virgin Active South Africa - 2 pair of new shoes that was "donated"