Verizon / billing for services I never ordered; billing for services not installed yet

1 WI, United States

Verizon set us up with a new phone/internet package with my very clear condition that a) they could only charge us for the price they quoted on the phone (no long-distance, no extras) and b) that they would only start charging after we had disconnected from our other provider, two weeks from my call date.

They started charging us immediately, and all 5 of the complaint calls I made and the 2 emails were completely ignored. They also added on the extras we hadn't ordered. We eventually decided they were much too sketchy to work with, and have been trying to completely cancel all our services (the ones they haven't started yet, but charge for!!!) all week, but they don't answer the cancellation line. I've been on hold for 20 mins. and longer the last 3 days. They didn't answer my cancellation emails either. Next step is letter through the slow mail, FCC and BBB complaints, and maybe small claims court.

I thought Charter was bad, but at least they answer the phone! No comparison with customer service. They're worth the extra money.