Verizon Wireless / stranger can change my contract?
My son gave his girlfriend a phone on his Verizon family plan to cut communication costs. She is in Nebraska, he is in Houston or on the east coast or where ever his job takes him. This phone plan is in my name in Texas and I’m the one who has to make plan changes with my password, pin, presence or whatever. While my son was in North Carolina, this woman went to a mall, traded in the phone and changed the plan to a 2-year plan. This was in November. We didn’t find out till March when my son tried to cancel her phone because she has cost him/me a fortune in downloads. March was the original one-year contract date. Everyone at Verizon that we have talked to says there is nothing they can do about this fraud except pay them to cancel her phone. Her name is nowhere on the contract or in the records so why was she allowed to do this? And what can I do about it? I’ve been a Verizon Wireless customer since they were GTE and analog. Where’s the loyalty? Does this mean a complete stranger can go into any Verizon store and change anyone’s contract?
More Verizon Wireless Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Communications - verizon wireless duplicate/stolen payment 
- Verizon Communications - bill increase without notification & lying customer representatives
- Verizon Communications - incorrect billing 
- Verizon Communications - service
- Verizon Communications - phone turned off when payment was made timely.