Verizon Wireless / verizon is trying to collect on a contract I did not sign for

1 Murfreesboro, TN, United States Review updated:

Verizon Wireless Account Number: [protected]

Amount in Dispute: $414.10

To Whom It May Concern:

For over 3 years, since the death of my wife and the mother of my two young children (Austin 9 and Hayley 6) Verizon Wireless has harassed me and ruined my credit. They are demanding payment of $414.10; saying that they have a signed contract, by me. I know for a fact that I never signed a contract with Verizon on the date in question ' ever!

I have made over 20 attempts in writing, via fax and by telephone, for over 3 years, to obtain a copy of the contract stating I owe them $414.10. This matter would have been resolve if they would simply provide me a copy of the signed contract. I have contacted the Credit Bureau who all referred me back to Verizon.

The reason they will not provide me a copy is, in fact, on July 20, 1998 (The date that Verizon says I signed a contract with them) I was living in California and my wife was living in Tennessee (The contract was signed in Tennessee). On this date, I was living in CA waiting for my company to relocate me to TN. Please note that my original agreement was with GTE in California which was apparently acquired by Verizon.

After my wife's death, I paid off all of my creditors, sold my house in order to downsize so I could be close to my children during this difficult time. I even paid the Verizon account that was associated with my phone number [protected]. Interestingly, they said that there wasn't any signed contract with this account that was transferred over from GTE to Verizon in a business deal.

Interestingly, the account in question for $414.10, that Verizon says has my signature on it, is associated ONLY with telephone number [protected] which was my deceased wife's phone. This phone was also originally with GTE prior to moving to TN.

I am not and will not pay for this alleged contract without proof that it is my signature. Verizon has significantly complicated this issue by insisting I have a contract with them and failing to provide me a copy of the contract. This could have been taken care of 3 years ago.

This matter has gotten completely out of control. I can't get a loan for a new car, or buy a house because Verizon has ruined my credit.

Please assist me in removing these inaccurate 'derogatory' credit reports, resolving this contract issue so I can simply pay off this obligation, if appropriate, so our family can get on with our new life.

Va

Comments

Vz
  5th of Oct, 2010

Verizon wireless has a way of manipulating whatever conversation you have with them and turning it agaainst you (the customer) Join our fight again VZ W

http://www.verizonnetworkextender.com/ Sign our petition! Thanks

Da
  10th of Dec, 2010

hello my name is David I am in the U.S. Marine Corps for the past 4 years of my life. I had a contract with Verizon in 2006 and in the end of 2007 I receieved military orders for over sea's. I went into a verizon branch with orders and ID and faxed the main office all information. In the end of 2009 I returned and began a new contract with AT&T. I was told by verizon in 2007 my contract was canceled and I had waived the early term. fee. but this year I received a phone call from a debt collect agency saying I owe them money for a debt from verizon. I contacted verizon and the debt collectors and still have no bill of what I am paying for. other than a paper that stays the total bill is 337.36. I have no idea what its for and without this proof I will not pay them anything until further proof is in my hands. Verizon says they can not give me such paper work because they sold my debt to the agency and the agency says they dont have anything but the total of 337.36. But for what is my question. Still no answer to this.