Verizon Wireless / verizon is trying to collect on a contract I did not sign for
Verizon Wireless Account Number: [protected]
Amount in Dispute: $414.10
To Whom It May Concern:
For over 3 years, since the death of my wife and the mother of my two young children (Austin 9 and Hayley 6) Verizon Wireless has harassed me and ruined my credit. They are demanding payment of $414.10; saying that they have a signed contract, by me. I know for a fact that I never signed a contract with Verizon on the date in question ' ever!
I have made over 20 attempts in writing, via fax and by telephone, for over 3 years, to obtain a copy of the contract stating I owe them $414.10. This matter would have been resolve if they would simply provide me a copy of the signed contract. I have contacted the Credit Bureau who all referred me back to Verizon.
The reason they will not provide me a copy is, in fact, on July 20, 1998 (The date that Verizon says I signed a contract with them) I was living in California and my wife was living in Tennessee (The contract was signed in Tennessee). On this date, I was living in CA waiting for my company to relocate me to TN. Please note that my original agreement was with GTE in California which was apparently acquired by Verizon.
After my wife's death, I paid off all of my creditors, sold my house in order to downsize so I could be close to my children during this difficult time. I even paid the Verizon account that was associated with my phone number [protected]. Interestingly, they said that there wasn't any signed contract with this account that was transferred over from GTE to Verizon in a business deal.
Interestingly, the account in question for $414.10, that Verizon says has my signature on it, is associated ONLY with telephone number [protected] which was my deceased wife's phone. This phone was also originally with GTE prior to moving to TN.
I am not and will not pay for this alleged contract without proof that it is my signature. Verizon has significantly complicated this issue by insisting I have a contract with them and failing to provide me a copy of the contract. This could have been taken care of 3 years ago.
This matter has gotten completely out of control. I can't get a loan for a new car, or buy a house because Verizon has ruined my credit.
Please assist me in removing these inaccurate 'derogatory' credit reports, resolving this contract issue so I can simply pay off this obligation, if appropriate, so our family can get on with our new life.
More Verizon Wireless Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Wireless - negative credit report
- Verizon - service by a tech-danielle
- Verizon Communications - not honoring the quote I was given by a sales rep in store 
- Verizon Wireless - new jet pack I purchased sept.2017 is charging me for data and its not even on. we 
- Verizon Communications - the whole enchilada