Verizon - Maryland / verizon tech support
I called Verizon Tech support after being disconnected in the middle of working from home for the umpteenth time. I was not reconnecting with the usual techniques (restart modem, reboot, etc). Tech support was very nice at first but persisted in asking about the modem hardware and refusing to offer tech support when the hardware was not Westell. I explained to tech support that modem settings are standard (such as PPPoE and VPI/VCI of 0 / 35 ) across manufacturers, and tech support should not be stumped by different manufacturers. Tech support did confirm that line was OK.; did not comment on why paying customers get kicked off sessions so often (overload?); and was unable to offer any further support.
I am wondering if there is a class action lawsuit against Verizon for training tech support on only their modems. Isn't that a bit monopolistic? Or is there a legal loophole that allows Verizon to get away with this?
More Verizon - Maryland Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Communications - fios business internet
- Verizon Communications - service technicians
- Verizon Communications - the worst not reliable company I have ever dealt with.
- Verizon Communications - liars & cheats
- Verizon Communications - billing and cust service