Verizon - Maryland / verizon tech support

18Gaithersburg, MD, United States Review updated:
I called Verizon Tech support after being disconnected in the middle of working from home for the umpteenth time. I was not reconnecting with the usual techniques (restart modem, reboot, etc). Tech support was very nice at first but persisted in asking about the modem hardware and refusing to offer tech support when the hardware was not Westell. I explained to tech support that modem settings are standard (such as PPPoE and VPI/VCI of 0 / 35 ) across manufacturers, and tech support should not be stumped by different manufacturers. Tech support did confirm that line was OK.; did not comment on why paying customers get kicked off sessions so often (overload?); and was unable to offer any further support.

I am wondering if there is a class action lawsuit against Verizon for training tech support on only their modems. Isn't that a bit monopolistic? Or is there a legal loophole that allows Verizon to get away with this?
El

Comments

Ge
  25th of Apr, 2013
Dear Sir,

My name is George Sigalas citizen of Athens Greece, my phone number is (+0030 6932200693) and my e-mail is .

I would like to kindly ask, if you could guide me as to which is the appropriate Authority in Maryland responsible to receive information and ‘’complaint’’ in relation to a Company established in Annapolis Maryland.

Your prompt attention to my above request will be highly appreciated,

Sincerely,