Verizon Home Phone Service / Fios / destroys peoples credit

Boston, MA, United States Review updated:
4.45
Phone: 8005676789

Verizon horror story

I need to warn people about verizon landline service/fios/dsl service. they will bill you and if you

Dispute the bill they dont respond. then they just send it to the credit reporting agencies eg. experion/ transunion/ equifax. this company has destroyed my credit over a $100.00 phone bill. I was disputing about $20.00. the verizon not only disconnected my phone but also the dry loop that I had. I lost about 2 weeks of computer service. then, I was away in florida on vacation. and was on the beach got a call from verizons collection agency. I told them that I was away, they did care. I was told if I didnt pay it would be a refusal to pay. the collection agencys name is i. c. systems at [protected]. I tryied to explain then they didnt care. when I got back I went to buy a car and kept getting turned down. I didnt know why. it turns out that verizon ruined my credit. I called ic systems and was told by a rep that verizon is a "black or white" kind of company and wants their money. this sounded racist to me. anyways, I called them this week and was told they probably will fix it. then today I spoke to mr. jeff bennitt he said he was in the executive office of verizon. they refused to do anything. the guy seems ignorant. I asked him about the "black or white comment" he didnt seem to care no response. I guess all I can do is warn people about this company and hope they dont retailate against me further. this company will ruin your credit for something simple. if you want to keep good credit stay away from verizon!!!

Comments

Co
  9th of Oct, 2008
I had a very large bill sent on my phone bill in someone elses name and the legal department even told me they had no right billing me yet they refused to take way the charge and refered it to there collection agency.
Pr
  10th of Nov, 2008
I moved from Florida in 2005 and was put in collections by Verizon Florida Inc. Things happen where bills fall between the cracks from one state to another. I then payed the bill with the first agency. One year later I get a 2nd notice that I am in collections again. I disputed the charge and settled for 1/2 the payment just to get them off my credit. This is now the 3rd agencycalled Afni Inc. looking for the rest of a $26.50 bill that I already paid twice. I am not the most organized person, and have receipts for payments in many Zip Lock bags but Verizon Florida sucks at on their end because they can't record a finished bill. I requested more information on bills and past history on my account and they said they are not going to put in the effort to send it. Why should I have to kill my time for the 3rd time to look for a recipt . I would think that if I never paid it before and was put into collections that it would be on my credit report by now 2005-2008???? Hhhmmm someone is getting money...

Verizon Communications Logo Verizon Communications