Verizon Fios TV / damage to tv

TX, United States Review updated:
My verizon cable box and DVR locked up on several occasions over a few months- I would always call tech support and they would get me up and running remotely- no prob. The last time my box locked up Verizon had to send a tech out to fix the problem. The Tech confirmed the box was bad and in the process of breaking the box burned my HD port on my TV out. He stated it would be hard to get Verizon to pay but he had seen it happen before- the tech stated the box definitely burned my HD port out. The tech tested my TV and several boxes to confirm the original box and my HD port were bad.

The tech was correct- Verizon refused to pay to fix my tv and stated the tech never told me that the Verizon box burned my HD port out. Verizon said they had documentation from the tech that my tv's HD port didn't work and that the box when tested was fine.

The Verizon customer agent told me my tv burned the box out, that I would still get HD quality without use of the HD port- lye. I tried cancelling service 4 times and this particular retention specialist totally coerced me into staying. I can't believe verizon is so deceptive and minipulative. I just want my tv fixed so I can watch HD.

Im embarrassed that I let verizon keep me as a customer- they are very sorry and will say anything to keep the business.

I was told many lies about service packages for internet, tv and phone and spent over 7 hrs of my life in the verizon phone que. Verizon sucks- I don't understand why they cant just be honest. Don't they realize that treating people right will only prosper the Verizon company.
Ma

Comments

Ma
  21st of Dec, 2007

Verizon / Fios Tv - Terrible experience!
Verizon

Verizon really sucks. Customer support is really really poor. Prepare to wait a least 30 to 60+ minutes to get your issue resolved. Call drops... call forwarding to other department... wrong phone numbers given out. They take your money and don't deliver the good they promise.

Verizon Communications Logo Verizon Communications