Verizon Fios TV / can't get the digital adapters

Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:

Verizon converted their FIOS cable TV to all digital a month ago. We need digital adapters to get their cable tv on the tv's without a set top box. They offered the adapters for free and we ordered them 2 months before the conversion. Since the 1st order we have ordered them 3 more times and have not yet received the adapters. The order keeps "disappearing". The problem seems to stem from the fact that we don't have a phone line through them. I am about ready to go back to Brighthouse!
St

Comments

Da
  12th of Oct, 2008
We have had the same experience. Have ordered the converter 6 times over the past 60 days. Still no converter.
Mr
  30th of Oct, 2009
Why is it as soon as something is changed on broadcast TV (SD to HD, Analog to Digital) the cable companies are allowed to corner a market, charge a monthly fee for HD reception, adapters for digital for basic cable (Verizon Fios) and instalation charges. They want to provide a service and pick our pockets too. Why is it if my TV is HD Digital and all signals are digital and most are HD, I have to pay a monthly fee for an adapter and a box spacific to the provider to recieve digital and HD? What's next, adapters from each oil company to put gas in my vehicle? If I don't pay the monthly charge for that NO GAS!!!

Verizon Communications Logo Verizon Communications