Verizon Fios / fraud promotion terrible customer service

1 MA, United States Review updated:

I applied online deal of triple bundle for Verizon Fios TV+ Internet+Telephone for $99 +Two months free + $25 Target gift card. I chose Basic TV channels since I barely watch TV. The technician did not appear on the scheduled visit, called the customer service. The customer service agent told me they did not have my application record, and apologize for my loss of time. She offered me $95 per month instead of $99 as a compensation for my loss. She also suggested me to upgrade the TV frokm basic channel to premium free of charge with DVR rental free. This deal was good enough to compensate my loss that I had to take one day off from the work to wait for the technician, so I took it. However when I received my bill with contract, I found that what she offered me was not reflected on the bill. They even charged for the premium channels which was given without my asking. I kept calling customer service, and repeatedly heard they did not have $95/month at all. Finally I could talk to a supervisor who was aware of the deal more than three months of the initiation of the service. The supervisor told me that the deal was not for Massachusetts residents, it was for New Hampshire residents. The agent who offered me the deal did not know about it since she was a new hire. What he could do was to give me two-months credit back to my account for the "two months free" part of the deal but could not correct the bill based on the information what I heard when I took the offer. I insisted because the new hire's mistake should be attributed to Verizon, not to me. They refused to correct my bill based on the initial offer, and I keep hearing different story from them. They even could not find the deal of "Target gift card" and said I claimed incorrect and unreliable information. After long arguement over the contract, they partially disconnected the service (long distant telephone first and then internet since they knew I did not watch TV), and I called them to correct the bill again hoping somebody would listen to me. Same thing with different people. They seem like to have some sort of stonewalling rule to deal with customer over issues of bill. A guy even laughed at my English accent. The agent told me they would disconnect the service and early termination fee would not be charged because it was canceled by them. However, it turned out to be another fraud. I thought the last issue with them was for the device because they charged me for the device I returned. I sent letter with receipt to them including collection agency. They did not asnwer to my letteter. They ignored a series of my letters and reported to credit bureau. I spent weeks to prove that I sent the device, and finally I could prove that I returned the device. Now they say the remaining balance was for the early termination fee. I think I cannot leave this issue any more. I have been bothered by this company for long time and discouraged myself to fight against them further because it will take huge amount of time and effort. However, I think I cannot let it go. If this company can behave this way to me, then they could do the same thing to any body. I will gather all possible resources and help to fight against Verizon. If you have similar experience, please email at [protected]@yahoo.com.

Hope for better business with respect.

Comments

• Dc
      16th of Jan, 2015

They are awful, I was promised a $200 Visa gift card after re-signing a 2-year contract. Now they say it was not on my order even after I confirmed it one month in. You can find similar stories all over the internet. May 2016 cannot come fast enough, I will not give them another dime.