Verizon / they double billed me and won't correct it!

A few months ago, while on the phone with Verizon I was asked to enroll in One-Bill to combine my land line and cell phone on one bill. I said OK. I had recently just paid my current cell bill, but when the One-Bill started, I was charged again for the cell phone. The amount is $110. I disputed the mistake and for 3 months I was told I wouldn't have to pay it and to ignore it (it kept appearing on my bill anyway). So finally this month I get my Verizon bill and guess what, they charged me for the $110 they said they wouldn't (my account is auto-billed, so it is now in their pocket). So not only did they screw up and charge me twice, they can't seem to understand what the issue is and why I am so furious. Now they said it will take another 6-8 weeks for them to look into it again. OMG, Verizon has the WORST customer service of any major company. After sitting on hold for 20 minutes, you end up talking to 2-3 people until you realize none of them have a clue what is going on. And they aren't even open beyond the normal Monday to Friday 8-6 hours. No nights or weekend hours for Verizon's precious billing department.

So here's a lesson. If Verizon can screw up, they will! And good luck trying to get it resolved. I'll be amazed if I ever see my $110 again.

Ma

Comments

7th of Dec, 2007

The same thing is happening to me. Every time I call I get put on hold for hours only to be told that yes, I am deserving of credits, but the credits never appear that I never receive.

They are now double billing me for all my services. I was to pay $145/mth for local, long-distance, DSL, DirectTV and cell. I have yet to see that. They still continue to bill separately the wireless and the rest at over $150 each. I have to straighten it out every month with them. To which I get the 'screw you attitude from their customer service'. As soon as the contract runs out, I'm switching.

Just this past month, on the 10th I received a text message stating that I owe $0 (great), on the 20th I received a disconnection notice stating that I owe over $300 by the 1st or my service will be disconnected. (of course can't get a hold of anyone at Verizon to explain the situation) Talked to PUCO and FCC, they claim that they can't do anything about it.