Verizon / fraudulent charges
On June 16th, I could not get onto my internet. When I called Verizon tech support, they couldn't see why I was unable to get on. I was told by a Verizon worker later that a code they saw at the office showed there was a problem and they would send someone the following week at no charge to me. That week, I called and was told there was no appointment and that I would be billed if someone came. So I was forced to go to another carrier for internet. The Verizon Co. said that I asked to cancel my service. I explained that they needed to show my service as being canceled because of non function. I have been billed and billed since then. I feel that some government agency needs to help people who become victims of outrageous billing and bogus charges to the customer. I went to the Attorney General and waited 6-8 weeks to hear that Verizon didn't respond and that I could go to small claims court. I don't know that I can do that . I'm on a very small income. Is there anyone or anything that can be done about these unethical billing practices. Bottom line, I did not cancel my contract. Verizon refused to help me without getting more money.
More Verizon Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Communications - verizon wireless duplicate/stolen payment 
- Verizon Communications - bill increase without notification & lying customer representatives
- Verizon Communications - incorrect billing 
- Verizon Communications - service
- Verizon Communications - phone turned off when payment was made timely.