Verizon / Best Buy Gift Card / failure to deliver promised $200 gift certificate

1 United States

As an incentive to switch to triple play Verizon FiOs, Verizon flaunted a $200 Gift Certificate from Best Buy. It was communicated when I had installation in the month of January 2008, the 22d of which month I received a confirmation letter for the package. On February 1 I received a letter specifically discussing the Gift Card. I registered on the Internet for it on February 8.

The representatives initially told me it would come within two weeks. When it did not, they said it would come any day because it is stated in writing that the period is 2-4 weeks. After 4 weeks had passed, I called again and the rep said in reality it will take longer. I had not been told this before, certainly by not the offer. I have called twice since then. One rep told me no longer than six weeks. It is now March 21, six weeks, 42 days. The card has not even been mailed, they tell me! Disgusting! And one of the reps was frank in telling me it will be mailed by the slowest, cheapest means. Others have lied to me and said they would do what it takes to expedite it.

I am particularly disgusted because I wanted to replace a broken portable CD player before my trip to Mexico, leaving the morning of March 27. It looks virtually impossible for it to arrive by March 26. I do not particularly want anything else from Best Buy.

I recall when Verizon three times did not show up when I made appointments to switch to DSL from cable when I lived in Manhattan years ago, so I gave up. In the suburbs, I thought perhaps they had improved themselves over the years, and they did show up to do the FiOs installation, amazing. However, they have screwed up royally on their gift agreement, or perhaps they just hope people will forget about it over time and not think of complaining.

I have no customer loyalty to Verizon. What kind of company cannot even mail a scrap of paper!

I want the $200 Gift Card overnighted immediately!

Va