Ventura Toyota / honoring the warranty

Ventura Toyota
101 frwy @ Johnson Drv.
Phone: 805-650-0510
I purchased new a 2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 5 spd from Ventura Toyota without incident and very happy with the truck and dealership. Until a few days ago while having it serviced the tech performing the oil change informed me that i had a significant transmission leak, in which i observed. I stated that i will go first thing in the morning and have it looked at, at this time a 2nd tech over-hearing our convesation said "good luck" with those guys! I interned for Ventura Toyota and they hate warranty work!. He added "just a heads up" they will try to get out of it. So i call my salesmen in which i chat for minute and explain my situation and who was the service manager to deal with. So, i contact service and talk this guy and all sounds upbeat, until we meet in person. They had asked me to just hold tight while we get it up in the air and see exactly what is wrong. In 20 mins. the srvc. mngr. comes back and says" We've got a problem here! Who is your mechanic?" I then asked why is there a problem? I have the truck lubed, oil, and filtered by a local, licensed company that is nationally known. Why! He proceeds to tell me that he's very sorry, but we cannot warranty this transmission! It seems YOU or else YOU had someone remove this transmission and it even looks like it has been taken apart! Unbelievable!! and complete nonsense. I asked WHY! would i touch it when it's fully warranteed, it's only got 14k mi. on it. He then informs me that a certain person will inspect the tranny and make the final decision tomorrow, and we'll give you a call. This seems to be a long running, and ongoing, unethical protocol followed by their service dept. and should be made aware of for current and future owners.

A  15th of Nov, 2010 by
Ventura Toyota is a completely unethical business across the board. Not only their service department, but their entire staff. They do not do due diligence inspecting the used cars they sell, so PLEASE beware. Shop somewhere else. There are two other Toyota dealerships in the same area with much better reputations.
A  23rd of Jul, 2011 by
Toyota vehicles are great but never deal with Ventura Toyota. They are unethical, especially people in the finance office. Don't ever buy the extended warranty either. Purchased 3 vehicles from Ventura Toyota and have been treated like they don't care about my business. In addition, every time I had issues with my vehicles I had to pay out of pocket since the extended bumper to bumper warranty did not cover what I needed done. Stephanie Ortega in the office/finance dept is very deceptive. I have spent over $60, 000 on vehicles there in the last 9 years and I will never go to that dealer ever again. I have friends with similar complaints as well. Go to Oxnard Toyota or buy from a private party. A client of mine buys Tacoma trucks every few years and last year went to purchase some new trucks. Ventura Toyota failed to honor a discount. Instead of honoring discount and keeping client happy to get future business they blew them off. Now they go to Toyota of Oxnard. Boycott Ventura Toyota.
A  19th of Aug, 2012 by
I have to agree with Bri dog...never deal with Ventura Toyota. I bought a Tacoma from them in 2006 and thought I'd give them a chance for a 2nd car (used) for my daughter. After finalizing a deal over the phone with one of their sales consultants (Efren Garcia), he confirmed the deal with his sales manager (Juan Martinez) and called me back with the news "you're the new owner." I told him I'd be down there in 45 minutes, but when I arrived with my daughter, Mr. Martinez told me the car was sold and the new owners were signing the paperwork right now. What a bunch of crap!! Now I know why everyone in the local car business says to use Oxnard Toyota instead of Ventura.
A  25th of Apr, 2013 by
Is that really what happen ? Schaefer
D  25th of Apr, 2013 by
Why don't you put down what really happen?
You lie in person you lie on the net.
Tell the public how you went back on your word the day before. Huh oh let me guess you want to leave that part out.