Ventura Toyota / honoring the warranty
I purchased new a 2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 5 spd from Ventura Toyota without incident and very happy with the truck and dealership. Until a few days ago while having it serviced the tech performing the oil change informed me that i had a significant transmission leak, in which i observed. I stated that i will go first thing in the morning and have it looked at, at this time a 2nd tech over-hearing our convesation said "good luck" with those guys! I interned for Ventura Toyota and they hate warranty work!. He added "just a heads up" they will try to get out of it. So i call my salesmen in which i chat for minute and explain my situation and who was the service manager to deal with. So, i contact service and talk this guy and all sounds upbeat, until we meet in person. They had asked me to just hold tight while we get it up in the air and see exactly what is wrong. In 20 mins. the srvc. mngr. comes back and says" We've got a problem here! Who is your mechanic?" I then asked why is there a problem? I have the truck lubed, oil, and filtered by a local, licensed company that is nationally known. Why! He proceeds to tell me that he's very sorry, but we cannot warranty this transmission! It seems YOU or else YOU had someone remove this transmission and it even looks like it has been taken apart! Unbelievable!! and complete nonsense. I asked WHY! would i touch it when it's fully warranteed, it's only got 14k mi. on it. He then informs me that a certain person will inspect the tranny and make the final decision tomorrow, and we'll give you a call. This seems to be a long running, and ongoing, unethical protocol followed by their service dept. and should be made aware of for current and future owners.
More Ventura Toyota Complaints & Reviews
- Toyota corolla 141 - Low fuel consumption rate 
- Toyota Vios - Engine knocking sound 
- TOYOTA INTERNATIONAL LOTTO (HEADQUARTER),Japan - NO RESPONSE REGARDING TOYOTA CAR INTERNATIONAL PROMOTION PROGRAM 
- Toyota Lottery Award - Scam lottery! 
- Toyota / MMT Gearbox - Dishonest Sales Tactics - advertising and selling vehicles equipped with MMT gearbox as Automatic 
- Toyota Motor Corporation - Suspension on '04 Toyota Sienna rear coil springs.
- Toyota Motor Corporation - complain
- Toyota Motor Corporation - I am complaining about engine malfunction of toyota sequoia-2016
- Toyota Motor Corporation - service
- Toyota Motor Corporation - service damage