VCA Animal Hospitals / outrageous fees/poor care
VCA is a monopoly in the emergency care of pets in off hours. They run a 24 hour care center with inexperienced staff at crucial hours when regular vets are closed.
Their fees are outrageous depending on the state you live. They started in CA and have bought out practices and ER's for cash. A c section runs about $3600.00 as quoted in CT.
They are NOT a true ER as they always have to call a "surgeon" for surgery as the vet on staff is too inexperienced for surgeries. They pad the bill as though the pet was human, loose many lives and also put down pets as their fees are too high for the average person.
They have refused service to people without cash or a check. They will sometimes insist on spaying an animal after a c section.
There are no regulations as to fees charged and they have ripped off MANY people. They are the only game in most towns, they take advantage of everyone.
More VCA Animal Hospitals Complaints & Reviews
- VCA Animal Hospital - suspected veterinary malpractice 
- VCA Animal Hospitals - money hungry business who do not care about the welfare of your pet! 
- VCA Animal Hospital - expense/service 
- VCA Animal Hospital - it's only about money
- VCA Animal Hospital - vca wants your money! 
- VCA Animal Hospitals - unethical charges for test performed with no results!
- VCA Animal Hospitals - deception
- VCA Animal Hospitals - vca in general
- VCA Animal Hospitals - gross negligence
- VCA Animal Hospitals - health and housing services of animals