VCA Animal Hospitals / inferior treatment and service

United States, Illinois Review updated:
VCA Berwyn Vet Clinic
I had been taking my cat to see the vets at vca berwyn for several years but the quality of service took a sharp decrease in the past two years.in particular, I had a vet who claimed she'd checked my cat's blood pressure before putting him on a medicine for anemia... A week later my cat went blind from an hypertensive crisis due to high blood pressure and when I talked to another vet they could find no notes of this blood pressure check having been done at all. And this blindness could have been averted had she actually checked his blood pressure before putting him on the medicine.

My advice is to stay far far away from vca berwyn. They used to be good but now, there is a lack of quality care and compassion which was most evident when I was trying to say good bye to my cat (several months later after his hypertensive crisis) before having him put to sleep and the receptionist kept running in to talk about money and fees.

N  25th of Mar, 2009 by
I took a 9 year old himalayan-persian cat into a vca clinic with pneumonia
in Farmington Hils, MI. They didn't check his bllod pressure either. They wanted to do a chest xray, and a bunch of other tests
I told them I was laid off and don't have much money on me. They said we can't do anything about that, and that vca governs
that ad you will have to pay for all services or none. I said give me some antibiotics and I will be out of there. He had pneumonia,
and had a stroke the next day, and couldn't breath. I caled them and told them, they said you will have to pay if you bring him in.
I said I don't have any money, can't you see him on professional courtesy, they said no. I said my fathers prcatice and my brothers medical practice see veterans and laid off people with no insuramce for free. They said we can't d anything about it. So I gave him
the antibiotic, but it wasn't fast enough, he dided from a stroke, which paralyzed him, and from pneumonia. Never go to a VCA Clinic.
No compassion there.