Vandergriff Toyota / questionable sales practices!

I cannot prove that the Vandergriff Sales Department did something illegal, but sales Management would not show us the document that showed the MSRP of the vehicle which was used for our negotiation. Their refusal to show us the document, insistence that a "deal is a deal" and attitude that it is too bad that we didn't catch them convinced us that they didn't just make an honest error in the cost of the Toyota but may have done it intentionally.

Since we didn't catch the issue until after the sale, the issue is our fault for not being more careful, but they were very good at distracting us from getting a copy of the MSRP information.

We bought our first auto from the company in 1990 when Tom Vandergriff still ran the company and they were honest and dependable. But today, you need to be very careful. Avoid their slick tactics or hold tightly onto your wallet if dealing with a Vandergriff Dealership in Arlington, Texas.

Comments

• Mo
      19th of Nov, 2007

I totally agree I would avoid this dealership, they're very dishonest and would do anything to sell you a car that was different than they promised. Highly avoid them... pretty bad experience...

• Al
      19th of Nov, 2007

Worst Dealers in the metroplex... they're all sales people are dishonest and very shrewd, but be 100% alert they're not straight.

• Ha
      5th of Nov, 2008

Well...you can throw in the dealership in Hurst, Texas as well. (Frreman)

Was told during the financial process that GAP insurance was included in the contract but at no cost. We were asked if we wanted it and denied all additional warranties and insurance policies. To our surprise the GAP was added on to the contract price! This was discovered after we got home and looked over the numbers. We took the financial person at his word. Our bad.

• Lu
      11th of Feb, 2009

I purchased a 07 tundra last sept went through hell with them. They sent my trade to the auction before a deal was done and when they finally got my trade back from the auction it was all torn up. I was told to file a claim with my insurance to repair the damages they werent going to fix it. I have to agree that Vandergriff has the worst customer service ive ever seen. Nothing but issues with them.

• Cr
      23rd of Dec, 2010

Very similar experience. Glad you posted your story.

7th of Dec, 2013

I bought a 2006 Tundra, financed through WFS Financial, bought buy Wachovia, Bought buy Wells Fargo, i need a copy of the contract
    Vandergriff was using then, mine was lost during moving, they have me in court, need a copy you can mark your name out, i just need a copy of the type writing of the agreement, if you could please mail it to P.O. Box 10943 River Oaks, Texas 76114, Thanks