Value City Furniture / Extended warranty on furniture is a rip off!
We bought 8 wooden chairs, 4 tables, a sofa, loveseat and chair from this company in 2004. The salesman enticed us with a warranty that supposedly would cover repair or replacement on any of these goods and was good till 2009. As he explained, it didn't matter what happened to the furniture - if we spilled something on it, cushions got flat, the frame broke because the kids were playing, cat peed or scratched it up...dog chewed up the pillow. We took the warranty.
The chairs have been replaced 4 times already because the legs keep breaking off. The last time, they told us the warranty was only good up to $2500.00 on the chairs. Of course, they don't mention they keep repairing the same chairs and sending them back to us!
The loveseat came and it was a floor sample! We did not buy the floor sample, but did not make a fuss..bad mistake. Now one of the dogs chewed a hole in a cushion. We called and they were very, very snotty stating the salesman never told us everything was covered...just to make a sale he did! My neighbor even remembers us talking about it when the furniture was delivered and recommending the store!
I will NEVER EVER again purchase furniture from this store. I am NOT stupid and I know EXACTLY what the salesman said to us...caveat emptor.
More Value City Furniture Complaints & Reviews
- Value City Furniture - All kinds of problems 
- Value City Furniture - Extended Warranty 
- Value City Furniture - Charge too much for delivery 
- Value City Furniture - Stainsafe is a total rip off! 
- Value City Furniture - Terrible Service and Attitude 
- Value City Furniture - furniture
- Value City - customer service
- Value City New Carrollton MD - customer service is horrible employees very rude and disrespectful
- Value City Furniture - Delivery
- Value City Furniture - Service, missing items