Valero / scam and fraud
On 5/17/2008 my son and I stopped by Valero to fuel up our dirt bikes. In the process we always fill a can or two as extra gas for the trip. On this occasion we had an empty 5 gallon can. A brand new can, clearly labeled 5 gallons, U.S... We pumped the 91 octane premium on pump # 10. We were buying this fuel @ $4.12.9 per gallon. When the pump rolled past the 5 gallon mark, then 5.2, then 5.3... I actually looked over the can to see if it had a hole. The pump continued until 6.042 gallons. It clicked off then with the nozzle pushed down into the can so had I wanted to I could have pulled back on the boot and 'topped' this can off.
I went inside to complain but keep in mind this is California and English is the second, maybe third, language here. These crooks couldn't have understood the case I was making had I had a box of Crayolas to draw them a picture. I don't know what else to do. I searched for the Dept. of Commerce division of weights and measures but couldn't find any number that dealt with this problem. Can someone help me go after these criminals. It was bad enough when gas was a buck something a gallon but now at 4 plus it really is criminal.
More Valero Complaints & Reviews
- Valero - bad gasoline 
- Valero - debit card fraud
- Valero - terrible service and employees 
- Valero - gas pump rip off 
- Valero - I honestly think this is a scam
- Valero Marketing and Supply Company - general dirty store poor maintenance. no coffee
- Valero Marketing and Supply Company - express lane vallejo gas station
- Valero Marketing and Supply Company - disgusting look and service charge
- Valero - lotto ticket scam jefferson & 16 mile rd.
- Valero - foul language