Valero / terrible service and employees

1 FM 518League City, TX, United States Review updated:

I'm writing this post after the worst experience I've ever had in a retail establishment. 11.06.06 I visited the Valero on FM 518 in League City. I needed to get gas and to save my cash I decided to use my visa debit card. I knew for a fact that there was money in the acct, (I had just made a balance inquiry at bank when I withdrew the cash I did have on hand). After swiping my card the pump said 'please see cashier' Now mind you I stop at this store everyday to buy a soda and my cigarettes. Everyday it is the same rude employee working the counter.

I walked in and asked him what was wrong and why did it say 'see cashier' He immediately went nuts. He told me that it wasn't his fault that I was broke and had no money. I tried to explain to him that there was money in the acct and if he could just try to run it again. He refused and continued to yell. I asked him very kindly why was he being so rude, I had cash to pay for my gas, I just wanted him to swipe my card again.

At this point there are people everywhere watching this man yell at me for no reason. Not once did I raise my voice to him. Once again, I asked why he was being so ugly to me. I shouldn't have said that because that sent him into a frenzy telling me
'ugly, I'm being ugly? every day you bring your UGLY FACE in here, every day I have to look at your ugly face.' 'GET OUT OF MY STORE!!' I WAS SHOCKED!!!

I went ahead and paid for my cigarettes with my cash and left. I drove two stores down and purchased gas with my debit card. I'm not sure what his deal or if they get charged extra for running a card 2xs. I'm not sure. I've worked in retail and understand that they get paid very little to do what they do, but I don't feel that customers should be treated this way. A good friend of mine went into the store this morning to try to get contact info for the owner/management of the store so I could file a complaint. The employee wouldn't give her any information.

11.07.06 Went online to www.valero.com to try to find out who was in charge of this store. The once again, very rude customer service rep basically was useless. Could only tell me that it is an 'Angel Store' and she had no contact info. My feeling is if they allow these 'Angel' people use their name and gas they should have some contact info for whoever owns the store, name, phone number something.

I would advise anyone that goes to this particular Valero, don't do it.

Va

Comments

• Me
      27th of Nov, 2008

Well first of all i work for Valero, and there are some "jobber" stores that carry Valero gas. So just because its a Valero store doesn't mean its a corporate "owned" store, it may have been a privately "owned "store that sells "valero " gas. ANy store that carries "valero" gas has to carry the "VALERO" logo on its sign...just thought this might help! If anyone needs to file a complaint the corporate # is 800 324-8464, it is automated so just choose the option that best fits your complaint!

• Pi
      3rd of Aug, 2011

I am a CSR for Valero. I use to work at a High school for ten years I decided to apply at Valero one summer. I stayed with Valero. Not because of the pay but because of the customers. We have nice customers and we have rude customers. But most of all we have very nice customers that come to see us everyday we are like family. If I change my hair cut I get good comments or bad ones. If I am off for two days they wonder where did I go? Sometimes they asked me if I went home at all? This is just to let you know that one bad clerk does not mean we are all rude. Your are welcome at are store. If you are handicapped we go outside and help pump your gas. If you need water for your radiator we bring you a bucket of water. If you lock yourself out of your car we fine you a coat hanger. So, don't judge us buy one rude clerk. Have a GREAT day.!!

• Gw
      30th of Nov, 2014

Valero in alto texas with filthy bath rooms! Complained to clerk. Was ignored. Walls, doors all needed a good scrubbing with Ajax and bleach? Of course today's generation prob. Does not know what that is obviously!!!