Menu
Petro Canada Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Petro Canada
reviews & complaints

www.petro-canada.ca

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.4 223 Reviews

Petro Canada Complaints Summary

22 Resolved
201 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Petro Canada's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Petro Canada has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Petro Canada. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Petro Canada reviews & complaints 223

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Petro Canada reviews & complaints

E
6:52 am EST

Petro Canada Petro points

I have $53 worth of gas as a result of my points collected. Everytime i tried to use it , i was told at the gas station my card is not active so i call petro canada they tell me “ it’s activated now so u can use the card in 24 hrs then i go back and again the gas stetion tell me the card doesnt work so i need to call back petro points”. I have now done this routine about 10-12 times and nothing has been resolved. Their customer service team is completely incompetent. They are careless . This incident has now caused me to turn the other direction everytime i see a petro canada gas station . After being a customer for more than 20’years i have now realized petro canada doesnt care abt their customers & the crappy service their incompetent teams provide. It s all about the money at the end

So i urge everyone to stop going to petro canada. There are plenty of other brands that recognize loyalty more then these fools.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Petro Canada representatives only. If you are affiliated with Petro Canada, please claim your business to access these details.

10:08 pm EST

Petro Canada Carwash

This afternoon I went to the carwash at 3930 Brock St N to get my car washed. There was a long line of cars, after being in line for more than half an hour, I got my turn. At the machine, I put the 3-digit code shown on the screen in the App. It didn’t work. Another code was generated and that one neither worked. I pressed the red button to call the staff, nobody came out to see me, while there were a long line of cars piling up behind my car. After waiting for more minutes, the door was opened and I got in, still nobody showed up to see me to figure out the issue. So I had to came out the way so I didn’t block them more. I got in the building to talk to the person in charge of the carwash. He didn’t accept that it was the application, not my fault and he was like you didn’t wait. While I had been waiting too long. Eventually, I had to leave the place with my car unwashed, as I was running late for a meeting!

Now, I would like to discuss this complain and I want you to address this inconvenience. If the application is supposed to make things easier, but it is not to work, what is that for? I add that I have the season pass and it was not the first time I am using it. But the first time it acted up.

Claimed loss: About one hour of my time

Desired outcome: Nothing while the person who worked in the gas station should be the responsible!

View 0 more photos
12:14 pm EST

Petro Canada Self-serve cash station in Fergus Ontario

good afternoon,

I have a complaint about the self-serve gas station in Fergus, Ontario. I went there Jan 15th to fill up my truck and was unable to do so because the keypad was not functioning properly. I could not enter my pass code into the keypad. There is not a nearby Petro station in Fergus. So I had to go to another brand which was very inconvenient. I'm very disappointed because the help button did not operate as well. This has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Adam

[protected]@gmail.com

Claimed loss: Time and inconvenience.

Desired outcome: provide proof this has been fixed because I don't want to show up there again. I may get another card for one of the other brand today.

Is Petro Canada legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Petro Canada as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 9% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Petro Canada stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Petro Canada should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Petro Canada earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Petro Canada achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Petro Canada. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

The age of Petro Canada's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Petro-canada.ca has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Petro Canada website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Petro-canada.ca has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Petro Canada and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Petro Canada has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 9% of 223 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the petro-canada.ca. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
3:32 pm EST

Petro Canada Customer service and shower

Stopped at Petro (70 Freeport Blvd NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5J9) to fuel up and shower around 12 noon. after fueling went inside for shower lady at front was so rude no greeting or anything. she opened shower it was dirty and gross they didn't clean after previous shower I told her the issue she replied so rude and said employee who clean shower is not available and they don't clean after every use. She has no manners how to speak and after sometimes her colleagues came back and told me same things but cleaned shower after I asked him to. But lady has ego and attitude problem. She should not be doing customer service job. After this I also read reviews online so many people have same problem with same staff.

L
1:48 pm EST

Petro Canada Car wash

I entered this car wash on October 3 11:50 AM. It’s spinning brush came down crashing on the back tailgate of my new tesla y and damaged the integral spoiler. I spoke to the manager there, filled out an incident report was told I’d get a call back and didn’t. I complained to the Better Business Bureau and they lied to the Better Business Bureau saying their car wash didn’t damage My vehicle. i’m going to take them to small claims court, if there’s anybody else that has damage to their vehicle which I noticed in yelp and Google reviews please contact me louisradocchia

@gmail.com so we can bind together and do something about this neglectful car wash and its owner/manager.

Claimed loss: Cost me $1385.00 to replace damaged spoiler.

Desired outcome: Pay for the damage to my Tesla

9:31 am EDT

Petro Canada Gift card

Hello,

I have received a gift card of 25 dollars from a friend. Since you get hacked the card does not work. I have notice also that this card is different from another card I received before. It does not have the 7069 first 4 number in front of the card number.

Since it was a gift, I do not have a receipt. I am sure I am not the only one in this situation.

Desired outcome: I would like to get a new card for 25 dollars that works

D
8:12 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Petro Canada - Car Wash 545 Queen St. S., Bolton, Ontario

On April 20, 2023, I entered the car wash at 545 Queen St. S. in Bolton, Ontario for the first time. I have used other Petro car washes but never the kind that has the rail that pulls you through the car wash. There was no instruction for use as I entered. As I entered the car wash, my tire pressure gauge quickly went to zero. When I got out, I clearly...

M
6:41 pm EDT

Petro Canada Service / stock

I have been a loyal.. I mean LOYAL. Petro Canada customer. I have lived behind one for 23 years. Now that said I have never had a problem until this year. I believe the same guy owns 13 stores. This particular one has gone down hill for the last year. one Quite often the store is opened late.. I’d say at least 2-3 times a week. This morning it was still closed at 6:30am. The store is dirty, and has a odour. Some of the coolers are leaking and in need of repair. They never have any stock or things have not been stocked up. I have noticed expired items in the food cooler. I am completely disappointed. I stop at Petro Canada’s every where I go.. and this one is the worst. I typically don’t don’t complain because it goes nowhere but I am getting more pissed off every time I attempt to go in and get something. All of the other stores in my area have been upgraded, clean and stocked but this one. I’m tired of stopping there and having to go to another gas station.

Desired outcome: I would like an apology and some kind of answer as to what is happening to this store and why it’s being totally neglected. What is the owner going to do to fix this ?

J
3:32 pm EDT

Petro Canada Missing Petro Canada points

EXTERNAL EMAIL: Always be cautious. COURRIEL EXTERNE : Il faut toujours être prudent.

Hello

I have just looked at my points total and there is an issue. The last time I checked my points total it was 57,907, that occurred a few months ago.

I have not used any of my points so I was shocked that my balance is now showing 18,000 with a top up from you relating back to June 2023. I am short over 39,907 points.

I would appreciate it if someone from your establishment could contact me to see how I can have my points issue resolved.

In addition to my missing points I waited on the phone for 75 mins and then someone hung up on me. I then tired to do a live chat which stated 1 min and 06 second wait time and I was number 36 in the queue. I waited 30 mins and no one came on the live chat

Thanks

Jacqueline

Get Outlook for Android

From: Petro-Points Rewards

Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2023 5:35:10 p.m.

To: [protected]@HOTMAIL.COM

Subject: Petro-Points is back in action – earn and redeem today 🚘

View the online version

Hello Jacqueline

Let’s get right to the points

Previous Balance

15,833

Adjusted Earn*

2,460

New Balance

18,293

Points

Your Petro‍-‍Points account balance from June 23, 2023 has been updated, and your new total is shown above. Your adjustment amount is unique to you, and equates to roughly double what you would typically earn for the length of time our program was offline.

Update your password

The safety of your personal information is important to us, which is why we’re adding extra protections. The next time you login to your Petro‍-‍Points account, you’ll be prompted to reset your password. If you’ve already taken steps to update your password, you can log in using your new credentials.

In addition, we will be implementing multi-factor authentication to help verify your identity and prevent unauthorized access to your account. Please review the mobile number and email address associated with your account to ensure they’re current.

App-solute convenience is back

Petro-Points Card

Download the latest version of the Petro‍-‍Canada™ app to earn and redeem points quickly, and conveniently. With the app back online, you can now:

Review your points balance

Access your digital Petro‍-‍Points card

Fuel up and collect points using contactless payment

Start the car wash from the comfort of your car

Prefer a physical card? You can request one once you’ve reset your password.

Get a Physical Card buttons

Thank you again for your continued support and we look forward to your next visit. If you have any questions regarding your Petro‍-‍Points account, please reach out to our customer service team at [protected].

LIVE BY THE LEAF

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe | Contact Us

A Suncor business

TM Petro‍-‍Points, the Petro‍-‍Points logo, the Petro‍-‍Canada logo, Petro‍-‍Canada's Electric Highway and LIVE BY THE LEAF are all trademarks of Suncor Energy Inc. Used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

To ensure the delivery of Petro‍-‍Points emails to your inbox, add Petro‍-‍[protected]@petro-canada.ca to your address book or safe sender list. Did someone forward this to you? Don't miss out. Join Petro‍-‍Points.

This message has been sent to you to provide important updates about your membership in the Petro-Points program.

Your Petro‍-‍Points balance as of Aug 15, 2023.

Desired outcome: To have my points replaced and bonus points for the hassle that endured to get intouch with your organization

3:43 pm EDT

Petro Canada Car wash cards

I need to know why I'm being forced to vacuum my car within 7 days of washing my car, if I don't vacuum I lose it, and to me that's just wrong and unfair as the car doesn't need to be vacuumed every time.

Does that mean that if I vacuum the car in the winter but don't or can't wash the car I'll lose a car wash.

If I prepay for something I expect use when convenient for me not the company.

Desired outcome: Remove the requirement of use it within Petro-Canada terms or lose it. I would also like a credit for the vacuum I did lose as the attendant did NOT explain that to me

3:20 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Petro Canada Rude worker!

On Sunday, August 9th. After I finished work I went to the Petro-Canada Station on 2890 East Hastings St, Vancouver BC.

I checked my lottery tickets and I was filling to lotto slips to buy new tickets. As I was filling the lotto slips and I was almost done. The East Indian worker that was mopping the floor yelled at me and told me to move! I said to him. Just let me finish my ticket. Then the guy yelled at me again and kept yelling at me not letting me finish marking the lotto slip and I had to stand by the door until he is finishing mopping. I stood aside and waited 5 minutes for him to finished.

As a customer that have been going to this location for over 20 years. I have never dealt with any worker so rude!

Normally I go to this location after work to buy food or drinks on my way home. I don't think I will go to this place anymore. I will go and speak with the manager.

Desired outcome: Better training and respect toward customers.

V
11:07 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Petro Canada Gas station complain about gas is not being dispensed dispense

On 30th July, about 16L of gas was filled in my car but my car display was showing zero km available which shows that no gas was dispansed from terminal #9 of the gas station in question.

Subsequently, gas bar attendent was contacted but he was unable to help.

I have drove down to nearby Costco gas bar at Salem and Kingston rd and was able to fill almost 60litres of gas in my car which proves that no gas was dispansed from petro canada gas bar in question.

I have attached the gas receipts in order to prove my case.

I have shown my car display after filling up the gas to attendant and he was convinced that my car display is showing no gas is being filled.

Desired outcome: I need to reimburse my payments and request your office to immediately investigate the case as its being considered as fraud.

M
4:53 pm EDT

Petro Canada Petro points not accessible / cannot use car wash card

Hello

It is disappointing that over a month has passed and I am not able to access my Petro points and have not been able to use my car wash card on a regular basis

The Petro Canada Gas station attendant is not able to provide any assistance and your 1-800 Toll free is not accessible .

Would appreciate someone from the company would contact and provide answers as to what is company doing about the issue.

I am sure I am not the only person having this issue

Thanks

Mahesh Karam

1:38 pm EDT

Petro Canada Car wash and vacuum services

The station on 2535 ouellette ave in Windsor Ontario has a huge problem their car wash never working 5 out of 10 times the car wash is broken and vacuum never ever works

We have passed myself and my colleague to wash on daily basis and it’s never working the staff blame it on petro cañada as a company

No more business from me and I will request a refund for the purchase of their daily wash for 90 days soon

Desired outcome: Fix the wash and refund the lost wash days missed

R
3:01 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Petro Canada Prepaid gas and no adjustment made - swan river manitoba petrol station

Hi my name is Rick and I'm annoyed and pissed off.

Last Friday July 7th I was driving from Flin Flon Manitoba to Brandon Manitoba and I needed to top off so I go to the Petro station close to midnight. With the time of evening they ask for prepay so I prepaid $150 using my debit card. I only took $99.00. Just by chance I look at my account activity I noticed that I was charged the $150.00 not the $99.00. Before I lodged a complaint today I doubled check my account no adjustment has been made.

I called the Swan River about it and they said that I should of went back to to the teller to get cash back and that I could drive 2 1/2 hours and get my $51.00 back. Manager agreed to e-transfer the money to me but it never happened. Made several calls and even gave him a different email address and he ensured me he would send me money . It's now 10 days later and I haven't seen my money yet.

Also the teller told me when I did the prepay that I didn't have to back to the window.

I currently see this as Petro Canada defrauding me.

Need this resolved. I'm at the point if I get no immediate response I will pursue legal means. This should never happen to a paying customer.

Rick Hladky

Cell [protected]

Desired outcome: I want my difference back

11:01 pm EDT

Petro Canada Poor and unprofessional service

Monday 2023-07-03 at 13:42. I was on Petro-canada 8 South Kingsway Toronto to get a gasoline and car wash. I asked a sell person (name Sachid, could be wrong my spelling) that I need car wash. He asked me what kind, I told him luxury. He gave me basic and explain that car wash is working only on basic car wash. when I drove to car wash to get service another was stuck inside, because car wash didn't work. me and another drivers had to make back drive. After that I came back to him, and asked if it doesn't work, give me my money back. He said it is working. I tried 2 more times to get service that I pay for, but car wash didn't work, I couldn't even get to in, scanner didn't work. After that I came inside and asked him give me money back I don't need service here anymore, he didn't. He called to somebody, speaking not English language and told me come next time. This conversation was probably 45 min. he was calling, speaking not in English to some person. Me and another Lady who got "super service and super car wash" were waiting 45 min to get money back. When I told him, we will call to police, he returned money back.

H
12:52 am EDT

Petro Canada Service at dufferin and steeles

28-06-2023 I was at gas station I pre paid and went to my pump 12 c I waited to them to start pump he didn’t

I pressed the button can I help button no answer

Walk inside again explain he scream at me accused me to drunk and called the cops

He understood he made the mistake he didn’t say sorry he still insisted to call cops on me for no reason he seems very rude not representing your company and when I was I see some other customers have same kind issue

He is not capable to the job and he works alone in rush hour not fair for him

Desired outcome: Remove him from cashier

3:40 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Petro Canada Cashier/manager being incredibly rude and unprofessional.

I was at the Petro-Canada situated at 600 Av. Saint-Charles, Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC J7V 8H2 at 12:55pm on June 22nd, 2023 when I walked in to ask if they could tell me how much was remaining on a previously used $100 gift card.

This gift card was a digital purchase made days before so the barcode was on my phone.

The two people behind the counter hesitated and asked me, quite rudely "where's the physical card?", to which I explained that this was bought online and that there was no physical card. I was then asked if I was a scammer. I answered that I was there with my wife and visibly crying 2 year-old child (on her birthday, mind you) and that this digital gift card was indeed good, if only they would scan it.

They said they couldn't scan it, but I insisted that they could, as this was not the first time using Petro-Canada digital gift cards. Once they figured out how to scan the card, the saw that there was indeed a little less than $40 on it remaining.

I asked to put it all in regular gas on pump number 5.

Once I got to the pump, the machine wasn't triggering the pumping mechanism, so I went back inside to ask about that. Now visibly upset about how things have been going as everyone was now getting impatient, I asked what the problem was, to which both gentlemen started telling me to never step foot in their store again.

I replied that they didn't have to tell me that at all, because there was no way that I would be coming back after this first visit due to their mediocre way of doing things.

As I was stepping out to leave, the cashier in white shirt, who seemed to be dressed like the manager, told me to go fvck myself and gave me the finger (not an exaggeration - see CCTV footage for yourself). I noticed his name tag, and it read "Nachir" if I remember correctly, though I might be off in the spelling.

I would like to know the following:

1. Is it normal for Petro-Canada employees to ask clients about being professional fraudsters?

2. Is the manager allowed to refuse an official Petro-Canada gift card, digital or analog?

3. Am I allowed to return to that store?

4. Will Nachir give me a hard time if I do?

5. Is it safe to return there?

Thank you.

(PS, here are the details again for quick view and for viewing the CCTV footage)

LOCATION: 600 Av. Saint-Charles, Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC J7V 8H2

TIME and DATE: June 22nd 2023, 12:55pm

PUMP LOCATION: Pump #5 with my Maroon-colored Ford Explorer while my pregnant wife attends to our crying 2-year-old

Desired outcome: I would like an apology from Mr. Nachir directly in-person when I return there, as well as my gift card being accepted as normal procedure surely allows.Nothing more, nothing less.

J
1:01 pm EDT

Petro Canada Unbelievable aggressive petro canada employee

A male Petro Canada gas station employee at 1493 Finch Av. W. was screaming & swearing at me for over 5 minutes simply because I was trying to get his proper name as a result of his substandard & eyeballing me service.

This Petro Canada employee flashed his name tag at me for 0.1 second when I asked for his name. I said I could not see it properly & asked him to please let me write it down properly or he can write it down for me. He refused. I tried to see his name tag from different angles & he kept avoiding & yelling at me. All I was able to see is his name starts with a M with about 8 more letters while he kept screaming at me. I asked if I could talk to his manager, he yelled at me "Fxxk the manager... you want to complain about me, go fxxk yourself & complain... I don't fxxking care"

This M person screaming & swearing at me for over five minutes & there were more than 10 customers witnessing this ordeal.

Petro Canada as usual acting quiet indifferently when I contacted them right after. I know it will be another waste of time to complaint as Petro Canada has not improved handling multiple similar complaints I have brought to them for years. Petro Canada almost always would drag & finally said to me nothing other than they would provide more training/couching, etc & hope this would not happen again.

Well, IT KEEPS HAPPENING REPEATED AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED. Does not seem to me that Petro Canada is doing a good job in retaining good people but they have been expert in hiring & keeping people who are not suitable in frontline customer service jobs

Shame on Petro Canada supporting hostile, aggressive gas station employees who will act out their inappropriate behavior at selective customers who are not to their liking or who want to complain about them.

Last but not least, Petro Canada allows one individual to monopolize ALL petro Canada stations in my 10-20 kilometers home area & supports his endless monopoly expansion for decades

W
5:24 pm EDT

Petro Canada Failure to award bonus points

I have tried to contact Petro-Canada 3x on this matter without success.

I received a promotional offer on January 13_2023 from Petro-Canada promoting 2023 points if I purchased a minimum of 25L of gas by February 13, 2023. A purchase of 27L of gas was made of February 1, 2023 but noted that no bonus points were awarded. I contacted Petro-Canada via web chat on Feb 17, 2023 and was advised that bonus points will be awarded by Feb 27, 2023.

I checked my points balance again on March 1, 2023 and again found no change in my points balance, so I sent a second detailed communication to Petro-Canada’s Customer Service on March 8, 2023 and received an automated response that someone would contact me “as soon as possible”.

It is now March17, 2023 and no response has been received.

This is the first time I have actually checked to see if these bonus points are being awarded, and now find that they are not.

Desired outcome: That Petro-Canada award the bonus points as in their original promotion.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Petro Canada contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Petro Canada?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Petro Canada Customer Service. Initial Petro Canada complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Petro Canada above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Petro Canada. Discuss the issues you have had with Petro Canada and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.