Usenet.nldidn't receive any username or password, and now they're charging me and I can't end my subscription!

Well, I registered to the site today, without recieving any username or password, I gave out my VISA, and they've already charged me although I specifically wanted free trial. Now I cannot call and end my subscription or send messages because my username and password were never sent, and I tried several times to retrieve it. I would like to end my subscription if they could do that it would be superb! I really need to end this subscription, please do that for me Usenet.nl.

• Updated by emilyge, Jan 29, 2017

Thank you so much, I've tried to contact them since it happened now, without any luck, I've ordered a new card and called my bank about them, I will gladly take part in the group on facebook. Such "services" as usenet should not be allowed to continue their scams!

Em
Jan 23, 2017

Comments

• Hu
      Jan 23, 2017

Check your spam folder. If the charge is abot $1.00, then that will go away, it's just a temporary hold on your account.

• Em
      Jan 24, 2017

@Hunterx27 I've checked eveywhere, and I've tried resending new username and password, and it says on the site it has been successfully sent, but I haven't gotten anything from them :/

Jan 24, 2017

I know this won't make you feel better, but this is not the first time I've seen your situation regarding this company. And I'm not going to sugar coat it, they were suddenly able to retrieve the user and password after their trial was up and were forced to pay. And they will charge you midnight their time once the trial is up. They don't care if you weren't able to access the trial, all they want is money. I hope you used paypal. You can get a refund through paypal or you can let them have the $100 and treat it as a learning experience. If you get a refund through paypal they will start sending you bills in the mail for an unpaid amount and will eventually send you to collections. Next thing you know you're getting threatening letters from debt collectors. BUT, you can ignore them, no one has ever been taken to court by these fools. It's a scare tactic. But, you also do this at your own risk. My advice would be to keep hounding them. Keep callung. You'll get through eventually. Send emails. Threaten your own legal action if they do not comply. Don't give up.

• Em
      Jan 26, 2017

@Hunterx27 I gave them my Visa, not many from Norway use paypal, at least as I know off. But If I order a new Visa they won't have access to that unless I update the payment on usenet, is that right? Because I don't think I have alot of options other than that. Thank you for helping me, it means alot! :)

Jan 26, 2017

You can order a new one. Or you can call your bank and tell them to block them from accessing your card. I would still reccomend continuing to call. If they do not recieve their money they will send you to collections. I just want to warn you about that. Don't give up, but in the end it is your decision. I would also recommend joining the stop usenet group on facebook.