USAA / terrible place

1 San Antonio, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-531-2265

I've been a member of USAA for quite some time, and over the years I've had nothing but praise for this financial institution. Regrettably, due to some financial restraints on my part, one of my credit accounts went into delinquency. While this is completely my fault and I'm in the process of trying to resolve, USAA has since blocked all on-line access to ALL of my accounts.

As I'm in the process of resolving this, I now have no access to online deposits, and they discontinued with next day deposits with UPS, nor can I accurately maintain my other accounts within USAA and pay bills accordingly or even deposit funds in a timely manner to pay the outstanding debt in question.

I admit, I was in the wrong with my delinquency, and although I'm trying to resolve, by not providing any access to my other accounts, (and apparently other people have the same problem) this is the set-up of an absolute financial meltdown for those with multiple accounts with this organization.

Astonishingly, even the Texas Banking Commission was surprised to hear my story.

Va

Comments

• Cr
      4th of Dec, 2008

I HATE THIS BANK MY HUSBAND I WERE SCAMED AND THIS BANK CONTINUED TO LET THE COMPANY STEAL FROM ME AFTER T REPORTED.IM NEGATIVE 1, 200 BECAUSE OF THIS SCAM AND THEY SAY ITS MY FAULT AND THEY CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

• Fe
      24th of Aug, 2009

Scam? MAn there are some people on here with no sense. Your probably one of those people that blame everyone for your mistakes. What scam? Hoepfully everyone that reads your ridiculous comment has enough of a brain to realize you put not facts, your just mad because YOU messed up and a company followed its procedure.

And if you cause a loss to a company then why should they give you special access? Ive had this happen as well. WIll it not be restored once you pay...

• Ga
      17th of Sep, 2009

The same thing happened to us. USAA is actually worse than other banks we dealt with. An account was charged off and they froze all money in our USAA Checking. They took $600.00 without even notifying us.
    Now we cannot pay are other USAA bills. Very unreasonable people there and no respect for you. Once you get a charge off you are trash to USAA.
    I will be closing all my checking accounts with USAA. Because if I deposit any money in their they will immediately take it and I will have overdraft fees.
    I suggest you do not deposit money into USAA. Open at a local credit union.