USAA Auto Insurance / usaa claims fraud - falsifying documentation to the state

On April 5, 2004, A USAA "insured" motorist backed into my classic car. She backed into it hard enough to push my stationary vehicle several feet sideways.

USAA had an insurance adjuster look at the car, and claimed it was a total loss. I objected to this, provided USAA demonstration of the value of the vehicle and that this value exceeded the cost of repairs, even at their adjuster's highly inflated rates.

USAA responded to this with a letter stating that their final offer on the vehicle was less than half of the cheap estimate on repairs, and that if I failed to deliver the vehicle and title to them within 14 days, they would start charging me a storage fee, even though I was in possession of the vehicle and not storing it. They stated that my failing to deliver the vehicle to USAA in the allotted time, that I was agreeing to these terms.

It took two calls from my attorney to get USAA to agree to pay repairs or replacement value on the vehicle (repairs were cheaper). USAA then sent a check marked "full and final on all claims" for less than than the agreed amount.

It then took three letters, the final of which was a threat to take their uninsured client to court before a corrected payment was sent.

In all of this, USAA had agreed that the vehicle was not a "total loss." However, after the final check was mailed, USAA did file a "total loss" agains the vehicle with the state. I discovered this in January of 2009.

It took a month of phone calls to USAA to finally get them to agree to correct this "oversight." They said they would send me a copy of the letter they sent to the Montana Department of Motor Vehicles. It took several more calls to USAA to confirm that they had sent the letter, and then it was a fight to get a copy, but I finally did.

I have checked again the the DMV, and have discovered that not only did the DMV never receive the letter from USAA, they have no record of the call USAA supposedly placed to them on February 23.

This issue still has not been resolved, and USAA seems to have no interest in this. This is how USAA demonstrates their "values of service, loyalty, honesty, integrity — and doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do."

A  10th of Aug, 2009 by
USAA violates Virginia laws and engages in unfair claim settlement practices: Go to this website (http://www.usaa-claims.com )where you can read letters containing lies from USAA claims representatives and listen to voicemail messages from USAA claims representatives that also contain lies.

USAA (United Services Automobile Association) Logo USAA (United Services Automobile Association)
9800 Fredericksburg Road