US National Bank / Collection Agency harassing me, posing as federal agents

TX, United States Review updated:
This agency calls me repeatedly, 10-15 times in a row, before 7:30 AM most morning. On 12-15-2008 I received a call at my office. The individual, a male with a foreign accent, left a message on my voicemail (which I saved) reciting my full name, full address, and full SSN. Then he went on to identify himself as "Officer Shawn Baker" of the "United States Crime Suspect Department." He said I needed to contact him regarding a "very serious and time sensitive matter" and that I should "call back as soon as possible before something happens to you." "if you fail to return this call, I don't know what will happen to you, and you may be facing some shocking surprises and consequences at your job or home. Give me a call back or else only God can help you. Goodbye." He left this number: [protected] ext 1041

Then on 12-16-2008 they called me again and I mistakenly answered the phone. Same person with heavy Indian accent, identifying himself as the "Chief Investigator" and telling me that if I do not pay them $330 today, then they will "freeze my social security number" and I will no longer be able to work within the US. Also telling me that the Attorney General is preparing to file federal fraud charges on me if I do not pay immediately.

I requested information regarding the debt and they would not tell me what it was for. They said it was for a loan that was deposited into a Bank of America account. I've never had an account - EVER - with Bank of America. I told them I would have to see mailed copies of all documents supporting this debt, they said this was not possible and refused to send them. I asked them for this multiple times and was told that I "already had the documents when I took the loan" and that it was not possible to get any validation. I said thank you, and hung up on the loser.

Here are the phone #s they gave: [protected] ext 1041, [protected].

I have filed reports wtih the Attorney General's office (Texas) and the FTC - but what else can I do to stop these idiots from calling me?

Comments

La
  17th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
THEY ARE HUGE SCAM - EVERYTHING THEY SAY IS ILLEGAL AND IS DESIGNED TO SCARE YOU INTO PAYING WHAT YOU DO NOT OWE

Don't let them get you -
News article about them - offer to send it to them
Ho
  13th of Jan, 2009
They are still calling and leaving the same scripted messages about my being arrested and etc. They called again today, 1-13-2009, 7 times, to my place of employment. I hung up on "Officer Shawn Baker." He called back immediately and asked to speak to Human Resources. Fortunately our receptionist caught on and put the call to me. Thinking I was HR person, he went on to discuss the debt in detail, and stated that I had used the company's name and information in order to borrow money illegally, and that I would now be arrested on 4 federal charges. He also stated that they would send agents to my employer and create a "big public scandal" with the company's name if I did not pay. I have contacted the Attorney General, local Sheriff & Police Departments, FBI, FTC, Interpol... I don't know what else to do. I refuse to pay these idiots for some BS scam debt I do not owe - but now they are threatening my JOB. I cannot have these freaks calling my supervisors and telling them these lies!

US Bank / US Bancorp Logo US Bank / US Bancorp