US Bank / charged to cash check drawn on bank

1 Independence, MO, United States Review updated:

My husband received his paycheck today drawn on US Bank no problem He gos in to cash it & comes back out & tells me they charged $5.00 to cash his check...Are you serious?? I think there has been some kind of mistake so I call & the lady on the other end acts like I am stupid & tells me most banks charge to cash checks drawn on accounts...I have NEVER EVER been charged to cash a check from an employer..Needless to say US BANK has seen the last of us this is crazy!!!

Ju

Comments

9th of Mar, 2011

The bank is servicing the person who holds the account. By wring a check, the account holder is requesting that the bank pay the person on the check. Next time, don't pay to have the check cashed. Refuse to pay a fee, and return the check to the company who gave it to you telling them that their bank refused to make payment on the check. Inform them if it happens again, you'll be requesting a "return check" fee from them in addition to the cash owed. Let them call and deal with their bank; you are not the customer, they are.