[Resolved] Ureno Design Group / Scam - fraud

Aug 15, 2015
132 Melville Dr. Fullerton, CA 92835
Phone: Phone: 714-738-1799
Ureno Design Group failed to complete construction of my pool. The pool is leaking, and brick paving unfinished. U.D.G will not complete work or return calls.

On January 22, 2015, I entered into a swimming pool construction agreement with Susano Ureno to build a swimming pool at my residence at a contracted price of $31, 589. Construction began on February 18, 2015 and all payments were made on time in accordance to the agreement via a combination of personal checks and money orders.

During and after construction, we encountered several issues which still remain unresolved.

1.) U.D.G failed to properly cap the existing irrigation system in my backyard, resulting in reclaimed water and mud coming up through the paver deck and into the pool, which displaced several of the bricks. This happened several times, the most recent on April 7, 2015. After several unsuccessful attempts by U.D.G to cap the irrigation system, I had to hire a landscaping company at my own expense to address the issue for them. Mr. Ureno agreed that he would address the issue of replacing the bricks that were displaced. As of this time, he has failed to address this issue.

2.) During installation of the pavers, several of the bricks were chipped or broken. Mr. Ureno agreed that he would have those bricks replaced. As of this time, he has failed to address this issue. For both of these issues related to the brick paving, I am currently obtaining quotes from third party paver companies to repair these issues at my expense.

3.) Shortly after the pool was filled with water on April 11, 2015, I noticed that the pool was losing water at an alarming rate, and I had to replace the water every few days. I expressed concern to Mr. Ureno that the pool may be leaking. At first, I was told that this was normal evaporation, but eventually when I showed him that water was visibly seeping out of several spots in the retaining wall on the south side of the pool, Mr. Ureno finally acknowledged that there was a leak. His team attempted to repair the leak with a chemical solution that was poured into the pool, but it did not resolve the issue. The pool continues to lose water and there is still water visibly leaking from the retaining wall. For several weeks I continued to call Mr. Ureno and asked him to address the leak. Most of my calls went to his voicemail. When I was able to get a hold of him, he would tell me that he was trying to find a leak expert, but could not get anyone scheduled. When I last spoke to him on June 18, 2015, he told me he would "be out tomorrow" to repair the leak, but he never showed up. Since that time he has refused to answer my phone calls or return my messages. I have since hired a leak specialist at my own expense and we are actively working to repair the leak.

Resolution statement

Ureno Design Group customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the client have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and it's services are concerned.

D  18th of Aug, 2015 by
Dear Reviewer 40745,

UDG or Mr. Susano Ureno will like to be short and brief to respectfully inform you of your comments wrongfully addressed to the company. UDG and Mr. Ureno have not had involvement with pool construction projects or pavers this year. The company was not established with the dates you are providing in your comments. Please feel free to contact us directly if you have further questions.
A  22nd of Aug, 2015 by
I believe UDG is a FRAUD!
The user did not respond to the messages. The review should not be taken into consideration.

Ureno Design Group [U.D.G.] Logo Ureno Design Group [U.D.G.]